The Next Step for my Book ???

How would you like TB's OOP book to be reincarnated?

• Convince a new publisher to print it.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I like to turn paper pages; please POD it for me.

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Electronic format; Kindle, Nook, etc. works for me.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters

tarotbear

"There is no 'try', young Skywalker"

PRAY FOR ME!

I think I have few choices but to jump in headfirst and create my own Tarot images. :bugeyed:

The Adult Ed system that contacted me said they are going to put blurbs in their Fall 2012 catalog for my publishing and Tarot classes, so I have to try to get my book up and publishing about the same time to tie them in to my possible classes. That means I have only the summer to create 78 images, scan them, and get them into my manuscripts. :bugeyed:

Talk about a challenge!

gregory

Stick figures... :)

Chronata

Does anyone have a Tarot deck that they have designed that I could use for the images? Nothing too Goth, Angelic, or cutsey but still RWS compatable? In exchange we can come to a mutal agreement to let me use your deck as free illustrations, and my book contains a page of free advertizing for your deck?

Of course you are welcome to any of mine...but I am pretty sure they all fall under one of these categories above! :D

Making your own images is really the way I would recommend anyway. Incredibly rewarding and not as hard as you'd think!
I will be sending you all the good creative and artsy vibes that I can!

tarotbear

Yes, but I need to make my own illustrations work on two levels, and one of those is for a men's tarot book - so several people who have come forth as possibilities but have populated their deck with 98% female images - is not going to work in my men's book! LOL!!!

And I am not going to draw two sets of images! :bugeyed: Maybe I should? Even my men's book still needs a female Empress, HP, and 4 Queens.

I can see this spiralling 'way out of control!

HOLMES

hmm

i was goign to suggest to take the time to fine tune your book to see if there anything you would of changed or extend as many times looking back at products we want to improve it. cirom redoing his own tarot is a fine example, or the b.g.t tarot by baba studios .

but as i looked through the thread I would put a stop to looking at releasing the book and make use of this opportunity to create your own tarot.
you could find your own artist if you lack skill and designed a fine tarot with your knowledge
and furthermore write a new book to go with it,, and i think that will furfill you.
the universe took away something but also gave you a great opportunity here if you wish to do it.

tarotbear

Making your own images is really the way I would recommend anyway. Incredibly rewarding and not as hard as you'd think!

I will be sending you all the good creative and artsy vibes that I can!

That's easy for an artist to say!

I can draw landscapes; people's bodies are another thing! :bugeyed:

I had photocopies of the Giant RWS when I wrote my first book. I am taking each image and putting it on a make-shift light table and tracing outlines of the images and elements I need or want to keep. This is a labor-intensive progress! Just making pencil sketches so far - almost have all the Majors roughed out. I will then go back with markers and erasers and alter the images to suit my tastes. Not sure if I want to keep or remove the medieval clothing - may try for contemporary without being 'modern' (no iPhone or iPod on the Fool!). I find I completely want to redraw the Wheel, Death, and the Devil cards. I have even considered making all the mature men into myself! :D

I have also found that it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to draw all those columns, steps, and platforms WITHOUT a straight-edge! There are no rulers in this house! I will have to remedy that before I start inking in the figures.

Pamela Coleman-Smith is spinning about now ....

tarotbear

reading on illustrations

I did a reading for myself today after using the Robin Wood deck to see how she formed the ends of her banners on the Majors.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3176270#post3176270

I have 'roughed out' the Majors, and completely reworked the Wheel to some kind of hybrid I was able to draw.

tarotbear

A little self- indulgent !

This may be the only 'contemporary' treatment I give the cards.

Please be kind! :D

Attachments

• 00 The Fool.jpg
    00 The Fool.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 135

Chronata

Ok...that is just fabulous!

I love the way he looks, and how perfect he slides into the RWS symbolism too.

gregory

i was goign to suggest to take the time to fine tune your book to see if there anything you would of changed or extend as many times looking back at products we want to improve it. cirom redoing his own tarot is a fine example, or the b.g.t tarot by baba studios .

but as i looked through the thread I would put a stop to looking at releasing the book and make use of this opportunity to create your own tarot.
you could find your own artist if you lack skill and designed a fine tarot with your knowledge
and furthermore write a new book to go with it,, and i think that will furfill you.
the universe took away something but also gave you a great opportunity here if you wish to do it.
I couldn't disagree more. This book needs and deserves a reissue, it is fine as it stands, and there is also the new one that needs illustrations - and this Fool is GREAT STUFF.

Way to go TB !