Orphalese Tarot Software

gregory

Have you got Net2 installed ?

E-mail Richard - I think the main site has a link. He can sort ANYTHING.

Is it your firewall - some people have found theirs a little aggressive. Maybe they are anti-tarot :D

RubyV

I'd ;ove to register mine, but it's way too pricey

Barbaras Ahajusts

Registration fees

I was thinking Richard dropped the price (?) of registration to bring in more people, so they could see how the program has improved. It really is worth the price.

I know once you have seen/played with all the decks that are available in the program, it more than pays for itself in the sharing of decks of the members. Thats why I purchased the Gilded and Robin Woods decks cause of the Orphalese Tarot!

:) Barbara

RubyV

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
I was thinking Richard dropped the price (?) of registration to bring in more people, so they could see how the program has improved. It really is worth the price.

I know once you have seen/played with all the decks that are available in the program, it more than pays for itself in the sharing of decks of the members. Thats why I purchased the Gilded and Robin Woods decks cause of the Orphalese Tarot!

:) Barbara

It's 29.99. how much more was it before?

purple_scorp

Hi RubyV,

I don't think it's a secret, as the programmer has actually posted this on OTZ which is available to anybody that installs the Orphalese software. But price is something that's currently being addressed by Richard because registrations were going well but have all of a sudden dropped off. He has two prices for the moment. One for a three-license user, and one for a single-license user. If you only have one computer then, you should just purchase the single-license. But, if you're like me, and have a home computer, a work computer, and a laptop, then you'd want the three-user license.

There are so many features in this software (let alone 700 virtual decks - some with notes - that you can download and over 100 spreads) I feel it is well worth the registration money. It's more than just a toy, more than just an quick electronic method of getting a reading. You can use it as a Tarot Journal to easily record your readings etc. In fact, I use Orphalese every time I participate in a Reading Exchange here at ATF. I usually draw the cards by hand, but then display them on the screen in Orphalese. With the click of a few buttons, I have all of my personal card notes, plus the LWB notes right in front of me. Then it's just a matter of deleting the information I don't want to include, and adding extra information relevant to the querent. And then I can add my introduction, then a summary at the end. You can save all of this information and come back to it later for editing, or come back to it months later (if it's your own reading) to check how things transpired, and make even more notes if you desire.

If you are keen to learn tarot, and study the differences between the same card from a number of different decks, they can be displayed next to each other, in Orphalese. It's simply a matter of ticking which decks you want displayed.

There are so many exciting features, it's hard to know what to say and what not to say.

My recommendation is to download the demo and run it through its paces. You will be limited with some of the options that are only available in the registered version but it will give you a good idea of the software in general.

Moonbow* your problem could be related to your firewall, and/or a proxy setting. I am no longer able to connect to OTZ at work (using a LAN) and this is a problem that Richard is currently addressing. He is going to do something about bypassing the proxy, I think.

I've also suggested that he make the OTZ available through the Internet as well as through the Orphalese software and it's on his things to do list.

with love
purple_scorp

MoonLite

I have to agree with everyone else that has said that Orphalese is such a wonderful little program. I think it's very reasonabley priced too when you think all the virtual decks you have access to.

I registered my version back last August, but since then the program has just gone from strength to strength and I love the fact now that you can just download and unzip decks with the click of a button. I've now added most of the decks that I own and will get around to scanning some of the others.

My only problem is with it at the moment is that when I edit the card notes sometimes, the notes don't always show up again, like they should do, when you hover over the cards. I've also noticed the transparency sometimes that someone else mentioned... again though, I think this happens sometimes after editing notes.

However, all in all, I think it's a great program. Certainly for me, it's turning out to be a wonderful little learning tool and I would highly recommend to anyone. :thumbsup:

:love: MoonLite xx

Moonbow

Thanks for the suggestions, after having a little play though, I'm not sure the Orphalese is my thing. At this stage the fiddling around with it takes time away from my other Tarot interests and I actually like the manual aspect of using the cards and handwriting my notes. I can see why others would enjoy it, having all of their Tarot notes, readings, spreads and decks all in one tidy space, so (being a Capricorn), I will never say never. Right now though it's not for me.

Barbaras Ahajusts

:) As another Capricorn, I use to always say never. Now I say "oh, I don't wanna!" LOL!
I'm one of the luckier ones who found the Orphalese when it was only 12 something to register mine!
Barbara Ann

redflash

Heeeellllllllllppppppppppppp

My memory is terrible, just upgraded, lost my decks & spreads & now I can't remember how to get them all back. Last time I upgraded my decks vanished & there was something I had to do to get them back ( other than downloading them all again ).

I can't for the life of me remember what I did, can anyone here help ?

gregory

I don't know if this will work - but try the search function for a folder called "packs" (and there may also be one called spreads, but I haven't saved any so have no idea) Then maybe you have to move them to your Orphalese folder..... But Richard said the upgrade shouldn't affect saved decks except for ToD..... (am now very nervous as I was about to upgrade myself.... backing up backing up backing up.....)