Orphalese Tarot Software

gregory

That doesn't look even slightly like mine. When version are you using ? PM me. (no, email....)

Also - go to their forum. Richard is VERY helpful. If you are - by the way - on pre XP Windows the newest version won't run... and the new one installs in a different place (I almost had a heart attack trying to copy my decks across...)

cardlady22

The worst part of it is that folder is under a corrupted User Profile (Windows 7 Home) and it won't let me delete or uninstall or anything. When I tried to download an updated version, it said I need to delete the old version. I'm sick at the moment, so it will have to wait a bit.

gregory

The worst part of it is that folder is under a corrupted User Profile (Windows 7 Home) and it won't let me delete or uninstall or anything. When I tried to download an updated version, it said I need to delete the old version. I'm sick at the moment, so it will have to wait a bit.

Can you use system restore ? How long ago was the profile corrupted ? and could you install it to another profile ? And could you delete it in safe mode ?

I'd try their forums - Richard is marvellous with Issues !

cardlady22

It does let me see image & text files and I need to copy them out of there before I wipe the profile. I will get on the forum when I feel better. Thank you! :angel:

The new profile I created for myself works very well & I have almost a year's worth of files & bookmarks under it. Don't want to kill anything there.

purple_scorp

Will it let you rename the folders?

with love
purple_scorp

cardlady22

Do you mean just rename the top levels and hope they won't be recognized during the new download? I do apologize for the denseness- I'm taking cold meds. :p

Did you see the screenshot in post #180? I can't see what should be the actual exe file itself there.

ETA: No, that doesn't work. I get this message:

Attachments

• OrphNameTry.jpg
    OrphNameTry.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 74

gregory

Purple_scorp ! *waves*

If she can't sort you, Richard is your only hope :)

purple_scorp

Hi gregory,

long time and no see (me that is - I've been away from all forums and Orphalese too). I'm probably heaps of versions behind in Orphalese.....must download an upgrade for mysElf.

Hi cardlady22. Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you regain your energy soon.

Yes, you were correct with your guess about why I was trying to get you to rename the folder. I was hoping to trick Orphalese into thinking the directory did not exist as I fear you are somewhere between an unsuccessful installation and/or uninstallation. I think that's why you can't see an exe file as I believe that Richard doesn't uninstall all of the folders under the Orphalese folder so that you can retain your packs/spreads/readings etc if you need to uninstall or reinstall.

Try rebooting before renaming (as that could unlock some files, depending on how they were locked in the first place). Check also that you don't have Orphalese as one of your startup programs, because that may open a file, locking it.

Now, it's been a while but I was just trying to remember if you are asked which directory/folder you want to install to when you install the software? A lot of software displays the default installation directory but sometimes you can over-ride it with another folder. If so, you could try to install the software to another folder - call it Orphalese1.

I wouldn't discount gregory's suggestion of installing it to another profile either. You can always copy files across profiles without too much bother.

I don't want to bamboozle you with too many things to try, especially if you're not well. See how you go with the above.

with love
purple_scorp

gregory

It MIGHT rename in safe mode ? Because whatever has started up when it boots up won't have started up, like ?

I can't test the instal to folder thing - I tried but it says I have to - uninstal the existing version first - just as cardlady22 says :(

PS - I am now on 8.12 VERY nice - but sadly won't work on the old Win2000 machine :(

PathWalker

I lie!

I've sorted it - I think :)