The Wild Unknown Tarot - VII Pentacles

Sulis

7 coins or pentacles form a diagonal line from the bottom, left-hand corner of the card going up to the top, right-hand corner of the card. Above the coins the shading is in the form of vertical lines and below then the shading is horizontal. This gives a 3 dimensional effect.. This could be the edge of a pyramid...It makes the coins look as if they are going up-hill.

Sevens to me relate to The Chariot. They are about challenging ourselves, looking deeper, moving on. They show problems but they also say that these problems can be overcome if we have the will and the means to overcome them. They are a move away from the balance and harmony of the sixes but they are necessary for growth.. When I see The Chariot, I think of leaving home, moving on with everything we need to protect ourselves (chariots are armoured vehicles)... All the 7s show aspects of that Chariot energy to me.

So with Pentacles or Coins we have challenges in the physical, material world. Coins to me show manifestation; they are the things we create - real things. So they represent jobs, the body, possessions, money etc.
With the VII Pentacles we see a challenge on the physical level. It's like an uphill battle, a struggle but one that can be overcome. This could be money problems, health challenges or challenges at work that we need to face up to if we want to progress.

I like this card.

Attachments

• 7 Pentacles.jpg
    7 Pentacles.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,817

ladybird

Sulis, I like your approach to reading this card, comparing it to the Chariot. That's so interesting about the pyramid. Are you seeing the pentacles inside or outside the pyramid?

I see two planes that are perpendicular to each other with 7 pentacles placed along the intersection, like a wall meeting the floor.

I also see a class practicing yoga together in a meditative way like in Child's pose after carrying out a difficult Handstand or Headstand at the wall. The pentacles or participants are resting now, waiting, but will they be ready to pop up for the next pose? It doesn't matter where they are going next though. While they rest, they may contemplate (without judgement!) where their yoga practice has been so far but they must honor whatever it looks like right now. By resting now, they are allowing their hard work to integrate into their bodies so that they may gather the strength to grow further...and then move onto the next level.

I also thought that the 7 pentacles moving upward reminded me of the 7 main chakras in the body. Obviously my experience as a yoga instructor has had the influence here! :)

Sulis

I really like those ideas ladybird and I can see exactly what you mean by seeing the coins as people resting before moving onto the next level.

To answer your question, I was seeing the coins outside of the pyramid, going up where 2 sides join.

Sulis

Yesterday I was looking at this card again and I was thinking of the RWS type meanings and all of a sudden, instead of seeing a pyramid with 7 coins balanced on the slope where the 2 sides meet, I saw a furrow in a field with the coins laid out there like seeds....

So, you've planted the seeds of something and now you wait to see what you get... Timing is everything...

I really like that fact that the image allowed me to see 2 completely different types of interpretation for this card and no doubt, in an actual reading, there will be many more ;).

DaisyDragonfly

Yesterday I was looking at this card again and I was thinking of the RWS type meanings and all of a sudden, instead of seeing a pyramid with 7 coins balanced on the slope where the 2 sides meet, I saw a furrow in a field with the coins laid out there like seeds....

So, you've planted the seeds of something and now you wait to see what you get... Timing is everything...

This is exactly how I saw it :) The seeds have been planted and now they must be cultivated in order for them to grow. There's a process that must be followed - and cannot be abandoned - if they're to be successful.

I also saw it as a path. Again, it's the only path that can be taken to get from point A to point B: wander off it and you'll find yourself goodness knows where!

Either way: it speaks to me of following a process, doing things in a certain order and without hurry, if one is to be successful.

lark

I saw hay stacks..probably because I live close to a hay field and that is in my life view all the time.
This card so fits with my patient waiting brings rewards meaning.
This is one of the cards I am going to add a bit of color to so it looks like a field with hay stacks in it.

Winterchild

7 of Pentacles

I love this card.... first impressions were balls finely balanced on the edge of two fast moving slopes..... a slight wobble and they could go either way, but it seems they need to go left or right otherwise they will start to slide back down. A decision need to be made, someone needs to take charge, or maybe one needs to lead the way... but the others dont have to follow.

Then I saw a decorated steeple... the first thing you often see in villages or towns in Europe and the UK the spire of the church or the cathedral... a sign pointing the way and the only way is up.

I saw the haystacks, wrapped in their black plastic.....and I saw the yoga/gym balls.... all ready against the wall to be used in so many ways.

I see buttons on the shoulder of a uniform, maybe someone in charge...like the Chariot driver...

And I see shields..... that knights used to carry, to keep them safe.....

I adore this card.. I adore this deck...it suits my reading style so very perfectly....

I know the card will change over and over depending on who I read for... it is such a joy to have this without the definite RWS shadow, although I work with and love some of those decks too....

harebells

When I first saw pictures of this card online, I was worried that its starkness would make interpretation a problem (so far I've only used the Llewellyn Tarot deck, which has scenic Minors), but a second look at it and there was light. I saw it as a corridor, and along the junction of the wall and floor there are coins at regular intervals. So, to me, this card speaks of steady progress, of slowly being rewarded for your work as you go. Brilliant execution of a concept.

Sulis

When I first saw pictures of this card online, I was worried that its starkness would make interpretation a problem (so far I've only used the Llewellyn Tarot deck, which has scenic Minors), but a second look at it and there was light. I saw it as a corridor, and along the junction of the wall and floor there are coins at regular intervals. So, to me, this card speaks of steady progress, of slowly being rewarded for your work as you go. Brilliant execution of a concept.

Ooh I like that. I wouldn't have thought of a corridor but now you've said it, I can see it..
I love the way these images do that and each reader sees something different in them... That happens from reading to reading too, sometimes I'll see one thing, another time I'll see something else..

Love this deck..

Pixna

I'm in awe of all the interpretations of this card -- and I can see each and every one of them in it! (The yoga image made me chuckle -- but I nevertheless still see it!)

I also imagine the horizontal lines of this card as a placid lake with stepping stones on it. To the left the vertical lines form a wall of rushing-down water, like a waterfall, but it's not disrupting the calm lake as they merge. The stepping stones must be followed in order (it's too far to leap past any of them) and stepped on carefully, as they are on water, not solid ground.

I am wonder struck by this deck. There's so much to see in each card, and so many cards have multiple views (like this one) that hold incredible depth of meaning.