Doesn't professional mean leave your personal judgments at the door?

Pao

SunChariot said:
That is bad behaviour from any reader, professional or not. Of course it's worse coming from a professional. When you pay, who wants to pay to be judged?

It is not our place to do that. Also the test of a good reading is how helpful it is to the reader. This one sure was not. We are not supposed to be in it to help ourselves, but to help the querent. This woman just seems to want to make the whole world think like her.

Babs

YES! I was like crap I paid for this!!!

I even got a reading months ago from her "mentor" the author and owner of the site. and this lady's reading was the complete opposite so she goes "i sure dont mean to go against my mentor, she is the best reader in the world right now but sometimes things change and I cant tell you what you want to hear" ok I agree but at least answer my question, and dont judge me weirdo.

oh you know what else she said, she said my ex would never come back to me because I represent his failures or a failure to him in his life :bugeyed: wow darn I must be cursed i am a huge mess and make people think of their short comings. wow. i should just hang myself now :joke:

Baroli

I am not going to comment on the personal aspect of this thread, but the question at hand:

"Doesn't professional mean leave your personal judgements at the door?"

You have read some of us say it's not our job to be moral judges, we just give the message right? I think that is fair statement to make, whether you're professional or reading for your friends or just yourself. For me, it goes back to "Judge not lest ye be judged." Having said that, I find it extremely hard not to sit back and judge someone, because of some circumstance or whatever. I'm being honest here folks. I ain't a saint. But I do try to be impartial. This is why I don't want to know circumstances. A lot of times I won't ask for a question, just a subject.

Pao, I can't really say one way or the other about the reading this person gave you, I don't have the cards in front of me. BUT! When dealing with a client, it behooves the reader to treat them with the utmost respect and courtesy (that goes for any type of customer relation situation) and apparently from your description, you were not. I wouldn't recommend this person to anyone if she pissed you off that much with her lack of professionalism.

SunChariot

Pao said:
oh you know what else she said, she said my ex would never come back to me because I represent his failures or a failure to him in his life :bugeyed: wow darn I must be cursed i am a huge mess and make people think of their short comings. wow. i should just hang myself now :joke:

That right there is another sign of a bad reader. A reader should NEVER say something like that to a querent. We are there to help them. HOW is that helpful to say something like that? What if the poor person believes you. How depressing would that be to believe that. There is no way a statement like that can help anyone. The reader does not know what she is doing/ does not have a strong code of ethics.

Babs

moderndayruth

Baroli said:
I'm being honest here folks. I ain't a saint. But I do try to be impartial.
I think that's the point. We couldn't do without analytical skills, but making one's conclusions and keeping them for themselves is one thing - imposing various negative suggestions to the sitter is the opposite of that, its the total lack of tact and even basic decency.
Which card exactly means 'you should have married at 22'? How dare you say to a client 'your question doesn't matter'?!
I mean, c'mmon folks - this thread is in professional Tarot, a professional by any definition (trained/charging/whatever) must not treat a client like that, telling them some stupidities based on nobody knows what.
I don't really care whether my dentist/ hairdresser/ whomever i am paying for service and treating with due respect- likes me or my believes and choices - its not what i am paying them for... why would readers be any different?
If i need someone to judge my attitudes and deeds, i'll speak to my rabbi.

gregory

A reading is supposed at the very least to be helpful - so any halfway decent reader should aim for that.

This was NOT.

I suppose it is JUST POSSIBLE that you could be helpful and judgemental at the same time. A reader might feel it incumbent upon them to point out that sleeping with your husband's boss might not be such a hot idea - and that is kind of a judgement call....

But this was FAR beyond that.

Pao

moderndayruth said:
I think that's the point. We couldn't do without analytical skills, but making one's conclusions and keeping them for themselves is one thing - imposing various negative suggestions to the sitter is the opposite of that, its the total lack of tact and even basic decency.
Which card exactly means 'you should have married at 22'? How dare you say to a client 'your question doesn't matter'?!
I mean, c'mmon folks - this thread is in professional Tarot, a professional by any definition (trained/charging/whatever) must not treat a client like that, telling them some stupidities based on nobody knows what.
I don't really care whether my dentist/ hairdresser/ whomever i am paying for service and treating with due respect- likes me or my believes and choices - its not what i am paying them for... why would readers be any different?
If i need someone to judge my attitudes and deeds, i'll speak to my rabbi.

yes i mean i know its hard to remain 100% objective and not pass judgment AT ALL because we are human but judging to the point of making the person feel bad I think is wrong. I never told my client look "you're stupid for having an affair with a married man he aint never leaving his wife dope" i just read the cards and kept my mouth shut on the rest. its none of my business anyway. she paid me to read for help not to tell her shes a bad person.

I swear when she told me my question was not important and how it doesnt maaaaatter, i felt like dirt. Now i think its funny but i want you to read on what i asked and paid for not on what YOU want to read on what the heck. that is just plain rude and weird to me. I cant fathom someone telling a client this. "it doesnt maaaaaatter." Then she started talking to me about the Torah and how God views things. I am not Jewish but I listened. whatever. Im stumped.

moderndayruth

gregory said:
A reader might feel it incumbent upon them to point out that sleeping with your husband's boss might not be such a hot idea - and that is kind of a judgement call....
Well, i guess it goes without saying... unless they are swingers, or into ménage à trois or who knows what.

Pao said:
Then she started talking to me about the Torah and how God views things. I am not Jewish but I listened. whatever. Im stumped.
You know, someone mentioning Torah doesn't mean they are Jewish; more so, someone who observes either Jewish or Christian religious law - would hardly read cards for you, though all the frauds that i met often mention some Holy Text, to impose themselves on the (gullible) sitter even more.
Sorry you experienced this Pao and, once again, i'd report them.

gregory

moderndayruth said:
Well, i guess it goes without saying... unless they are swingers, or into ménage à trois or who knows what.
Well yes - but it would be judgemental of a reader to SAY so, perhaps..... If someone who is sleeping with someone they shouldn't (by the reader;s code of morals) - should the reader say anything and is it unacceptably judgemental if they do ?

Pao

moderndayruth said:
You know, someone mentioning Torah doesn't mean they are Jewish; more so, someone who observes either Jewish or Christian religious law - would hardly read cards for you, though all the frauds that i met often mention some Holy Text, to impose themselves on the (gullible) sitter even more.
Sorry you experienced this Pao and, once again, i'd report them.

Oh she actually said it in the very beginning she said “I’m jewish and the Torah says that God doesn’t allow me to read for the very distant future only the recent one because only he can see the distant future” I said ok, because I didnt mind her reading for the next few weeks. BUT look how she contradicted herself with this statement because she said she sees for near future and not distant but then she said your ex is NEVER coming back and don’t keep doing your spiritual work because it will never work the negative person wont leave anyway. Isn’t never kind of definite??

i have to think about reporting her. she is very high up on the ladder on this site and i dont know if i want to start all this trouble. but i will definitelly tell people to keep away from her!

thanks guys!

Pao

gregory said:
Well yes - but it would be judgemental of a reader to SAY so, perhaps..... If someone who is sleeping with someone they shouldn't (by the reader;s code of morals) - should the reader say anything and is it unacceptably judgemental if they do ?

i would not say anything directly on it because its none of my business really. but if it shows up on the cards they should stop i would phrase it carefully and say THE CARDS SEEM TO SAY.....if its not in the cards i would not say anything. I mean if its a friend maybe I can get judgmental because the friend in me is invested in not seeing my friend hurt so maybe i can see it happening but mostly i dont state my opinion....although now i will be more concsious of it. watch me do it now! "you retard stop dating the married man, no its not in the cards" :joke: