Tarot of the Origins? - eBay

astronautica

I wonder whether it's one of those occasions when they don't actually have it in stock and think they can get it from LoS within the cited 4-7 days.

I had it on order at Waterstones for months before they canceled the order. :rolleyes:

Ohhh, please don't jinx it! I just ordered, and cancelled another order so that I could get it! :( :( Buttt... I have seen it for $60 used on Amazon, so if all else fails... keeping my fingers crossed for Waterstones though!

An odd deck. Probably the oddest deck I own. I just cannot get my head round it. I lay it out and it just screams "bizarre." And the artwork feels so intrinsically, apocalyptically depressing. Makes me think of dark, wet Sundays afternoons and the world about to end...

I find apocalyptic and bizarre very appealing indeed! From the scans that I've seen, I do see what you mean by "depressing" - there's something bleak haunting about it that makes my skin tingle every time I look at it, and the figures all look so mournful and sombre... although the expression on the Fool's face always makes me smile. I really do love the prehistoric-ness of it. It's such an interesting theme, and I really do love the artwork :)

jema

This is on my wishlist too. I actually got it, partly, very tiny. since it is one of the 4 decks on the Comparative tarot :-D
(wich is also OOP I think)
Somehow I got Tarot of Ages thinking it might be Origins, but no. Oh well Ages is kinda cool to have too.

gregory

The Comparative is still up there on Alida. The Origins has been unfindable for AGES and I would bet Waterstones is being optimistic there. I hope I am wrong...

Amazon has a used copy for $60.... I think the ebay price is fair enough, to be honest.

Debra

I don't think it's so rare. I see it on the European e-bay sites fairly regularly.

astronautica

Sent Waterstones an email to see if the actually had it in stock (after I ordered, silly me!) and got this reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We have looked into your query regarding the availability of Tarot of the Origins and we can confirm that at the time of ordering this item was showing on the website as "Usually Dispatched Within 4-7 days" which indicates that the item is not in stock and an order must be placed with our suppliers to fulfil this order."

...so maybe they have some magical supplier with a warehouse full of them...? :D But it does sound like optimism :( Still, keeping my fingers crossed!

PathWalker

The Astrology Shop in Covent Garden list it at £15.99, and they did have copies last summer when I was there.
Worth a try?

Pathwalker

Le Fanu

That's always the best bet, shops with it already in stock. I have bought OOP/HTF decks for AT-ers in local shops here. No Tarot of the Origins round here though. :(

Doesn't sound promising, astronautica. They'll probably order it now from LoS...