Change of Season Decks

Freddie

Why there aren't more decks with the colors that are in, say, the Anna. K? More orange or browns or colors more associated with Fall? Not saying the Anna. K is totally just a Fall deck, but it has more Fall type colors than most. Interesting there are not more decks that "feel" more like Fall. You're so right, it's a great and magical time! And it needs more decks!

I agree with you. We need more decks to fit the fall mood.

Freddie

Penthasilia

Never could get into the Klimt- the figures just are not my preferred art form.

But the one that I did remember (how could I have ever forgotten!) is the Visconti!

A very autumnal deck, I do love it! :)

greatdane

Another I'm adding

And yes, the Visconti is a great Fall deck, Penthasilia. I also just got another mini Secret I will bling with silver marker. For me it's another deck I like around Halloween especially when I've blinged it, looks great in dim lighting, is a slightly "darkish" deck, and kind of surreal. Really though, still looking through decks for those with some Fall colors and not much out there. Seems there are a lot more wintery decks than autumnal ones.

emmsma

The Wildwood just mentioned certainly seems to fit with the change of seasons...

and the Tyldwick that just arrived this morning is drawing me in with a certain "end of summer, fall, indoorsy feel"...not cozy autumny leaves and cocoa...but the hush stillness of a empty mansion with gardens left at the end of summer to overgrow and turn over into fall.

The Hudes comes to mind but that's not "cozy" by any means!

Funny you should say that! I find Hudes to be an introspective, walk in the park and rustle the leaves kind of deck. It is a perfect fall deck for me.

Later, more like October for me, I find myself reaching for Dark Grimoire and gypsy oracles. Anna K and Druidcraft are also fitting for me, as fall decks.

Chronata

Autumn is my favorite time.

I think I am drawn to decks that have an Autumnal quality for use all year, but there are certain decks that really get a workout around the middle of September...and all the way til November.

The All Hallows is certainly one.
and the Fenestra is my crispy cider deck.
But I also read more with the Lunatic, and the Sideshow around that time.

Linfang

One of my autumn decks this year will definitely be the Deck of the Bastard, hopefully accompanied by the Tyldwick which I ordered just now. If I feel pious, Anna K will certainly have an appearance as well.

delizt

love Autumn and really want a deck to match the season perfectly....but I trimmed up my Llewellyn and put copper ink on the edges and it's certainly got the right colors....I really hated this deck, but now that it's trimmed, it's growing on me...

Altena

I've never really been much of a fall person, I'm much more a lover of spring(especially) and summer. The Greenwood(although I use this all year round) and Mary Griffin's Hezicos Tarot really gets me in mood for spring and in summer I'm more drawn to the Druidcraft, the Gaian Tarot and Buckland Romani.

Anyways, that was a bit off topic. I do have decks like the Halloween tarot and All Hallows that I pull out around late October and otherwise the Bohemian Gothic is perfect for those late days of fall(type late September-early November). Now that I think about it, Anna K is a very appropriate deck for this time of the year.

The color palette is darker than those airy, green vibes of the Greenwood and Druidcraft, but not quite as dark as the Bohemian Gothic or Wormweird deck(what decks are?) so it seems a perfect match.

That said I can also see why the Tyldwick was suggested as an early fall deck and I also agree that it has more of an end-of-summer feel to it rather than bringing up associations to brown leaves, hot cider and fireplaces.

Glitterbird

My Vampire deck (Place) is what I'm looking for now. After 2 moves it's somewheres. And while I'm going through them I'm going to hunt down the Halloween deck too. Hard to believe how fast summer went.

Morwenna

Oh I know; this year just skated by. I didn't even use any decks this summer! (Too much going on, I guess.) Anyway, once the weather starts crisping up, I like the Sacred Rose. There are a lot of golds and greens and some reds, which makes it autumnal enough for me. And plenty of foliage! Of course, around mid-October the Halloween comes out to play every year. That's where all the orange is. :)