Essential Ginger Oil for the tummy

greatdane

Allergies are bothering me and my tummy was feeling not great and I just rubbed some ginger essential oil on my tummy and the soles of my feet. It relieved that kind of upset tummy feeling better than anything I tried.

I have read about ginger helping, but was amazed at the relief just rubbing it on would do.

I am sure not a surprise to those of you much more knowledgeable about oils, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well, and fast, it worked.

celticnoodle

Allergies are bothering me and my tummy was feeling not great and I just rubbed some ginger essential oil on my tummy and the soles of my feet. It relieved that kind of upset tummy feeling better than anything I tried.

I have read about ginger helping, but was amazed at the relief just rubbing it on would do.

I am sure not a surprise to those of you much more knowledgeable about oils, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well, and fast, it worked.

wow! that is interesting to note, GD. Thanks for posting this. I often get an upset tummy. I know a lot of it is taking my meds--which has this side effect. Generally I just drink my jello-tea to help settle it. But, I may just get some essential ginger oil and try this. When I wake up at 2 or 3am, I'm not always in the mood to make jello tea! :D thanks!

eta: I just read where it is good when you get an upset tummy from motion. I get this a lot. I suffer from vertigo and I may just try this the next time I get an attack of vertigo. Funny, I knew digesting ginger helped--but never thought about buying its essential oil to rub on my stomach area. My doctor use to advise me to keep ginger ale in the house for when I had my attacks. Now, I'm going to try this! :)

here is the site I went to, if you're interested in seeing what else the ginger oil is good for:

http://www.experience-essential-oils.com/benefits-of-ginger.html

greatdane

Thanks CN

That's what I first thought ginger was good for, motion sickness. Sometimes I can get motion sickness in a boat, but not often, unless the water is really choppy.

I had never tried for an upset tummy. I had heard of ginger tea, taking something like a capsule, but never tried to rubbing some on my tummy and feet. I didn't know what would happen, if anything. I tried some otc tummy soother stuff, didn't help.

I remembered an essential oil kit I have for illness and cleaning and found the ginger.

I will SO keep this on hand! You know I like natural stuff when possible. Like you said, if you wake up in the middle of the night, not always in the mood to GET up. Even making some tea sounds like way too much effort in the middle of the night!

Padma

pure, organic ginger chews (like Chimes brand, for instance) are fast and effective, as well :)

greatdane

I did not know there was something called ginger chews

Thank you, Padma. Edit: I found on Amazon with another product called Gin-gins.

I think I will personally have to stick with the oil or tea or something. I have a couple crowns and my dentist told me not to chew gum and I avoid anything too...chewy and sticky. Like taffy would be a big no no. But for those who can use them, these sound fabulous and they're pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

I am so glad you shared that.

Padma

Thank you, Padma.

No problem, GD. They are available at health stores like Whole Foods, and at World Market. (USA)
Harder to find in Canada....

greatdane

Oh I also found ginger lozenges on Amazon. I could have those :). I may order a bag and keep those around along with the ginger oil.

celticnoodle

pure, organic ginger chews (like Chimes brand, for instance) are fast and effective, as well :)

No problem, GD. They are available at health stores like Whole Foods, and at World Market. (USA)
Harder to find in Canada....

Oh I also found ginger lozenges on Amazon. I could have those :). I may order a bag and keep those around along with the ginger oil.

I was going to say the same thing, that I haven't heard of or seen ginger chews. But, I will let the daughter know. she prefers to use natural items for meds too. Unfortunately for us, we do not have a Whole Foods or World Market, (which I never heard of before) near us. The closest Whole Foods is over 100 miles from us. :laugh: talk about living at the end of the world...

Also, like GD, I try to stay away from chewy things. I'm not always successful (I have a strong love for chewy caramels! YUM! But, I've lost too many fillings as a result of chewy's, so I limit them as much as possible. However, I also LOOOOVEEEE Russell Stover jelly beans. :D the BEST out there and the only ones I will eat!

I'm not that big on the taste of ginger alone really--but if I were sick to my stomach, I think I could manage with it--for help. better then the medicine itself. I much prefer to stay off most medicines at all costs.

thanks you two!

Padma

if you type in Chimesgourmet you will find them online (along with a store locater) they really are good! :)

But, if chewies bug you, then you can always have ginger tea :) with a bit of honey, it would be quite palatable! I put a link below that has the recipe to make it :)

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Ginger-Tea-Recipe-26872795

greatdane

Thanks Padma for that recipe and Celticnoodle for your thoughts!

Late at night, I like something with the ease of just rubbing it on or popping a lozenge in my mouth, but I love the idea of tea :), especially with honey. So soothing. So thanks, Padma!