Best Meditative Tarot Deck/s

Parzival

There are many impressive Tarot decks for divination, with captivating artistic qualities. But in recent years (and before) there have appeared decks which combine the divination and art with meditative vision and depth. They quiet the mind and take it on a meditative journey, helping the mental turbulence come to harmony and clarity. All Tarot decks do this more or less. But what are the Best Meditative Decks? The best several? --Why?

cSpaceDiva

Tarot of the Spirit

My personal favorite is Tarot of the Spirit. The art is somewhat abstract, which forces me to look more deeply at the cards. At times, I have seen them as 3-dimensional and felt that I have been inside the card. Also, the companion book by Pamela Eakins contains meditations for each card.

Logiatrix

A Totally Groovy Tarot!

The "Psychedelic RWS" or the Diamond Tarot is my absolute favorite for pathworking (visualization), which is the form of meditation I prefer.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/diamond/

If you want imagery that provides a "doorway" to step into, then this one is an excellent option, IMHO.
:)

RiccardoLS

"Meditation" is a really broad term.

Is it just looking at the cards and thinking?
Or is it something more.

Do you plan to use the cards to guide you? To meditate on the cards themselves? Or just as a focus?

Any answer will depend on what kind of Meditation you are looking for.

ric

Parzival

Best Meditative Decks

RiccardoLS said:
"Meditation" is a really broad term.

Is it just looking at the cards and thinking?
Or is it something more.

Do you plan to use the cards to guide you? To meditate on the cards themselves? Or just as a focus?

Not just a pretty or macabre or dramatic or erotic scene that excites interest. This might as well be a framed little book illustration. Not just "looking" and "thinking" and "a focus" -- as you phrase it, "something more." A whole deck that is deliberately designed to put the mind into a meditative flow, helping to settle down the rushed, confused mind and emotions, providing images on a higher plane. The deck becomes a Guide to the "Higher Self." All decks need not do this. But are there a few best of these?

Nina*

I have been told that the Thoth was created to be like that...

xxx
Nina

RiccardoLS

I'm not sure if what is good for me could be good for you as well.

Taking into account only LoScarabeo decks (my knowledge of non-LS deck is very limited) I would suggest you to look at these titles:
Tarot of the Secret Forest
Tarot of the Imagination
Tarot of the Origins

They are - in my opinion - "flow" decks.

Best,

Ric

Sophie

I would recommend two decks:

- Ironwing Tarot - fabulous - rich shamanic imagery by a blacksmith that certainly encourages the meditative flow - and visualisation too. I use it exclusively for trance and meditation/visualisation.

- Tarot of the Secret Forest: beautiful and gentle, very flowing. I use it for reading and meditation. It's like a walk in the woods - and I love the two-sided cards.

Other than that, going through my Marseille decks always calms me and helps the flow. They have a magic, those cards.

Parzival

Best Meditative Tarot

Thank you RiccardoLS for your questions and suggestions. I'd like to get Tarot of the Imagination. Soon to come. Interesting that Tarot of the Spirit, Thoth, and a version of Waite-Smith have been suggested. These certainly are classic Meditative decks, tied to Kabbalah and Grail. But what about some more recent ones? ( Not all decks need to fit this vision of Tarot.)

Moonbow

The most powerful meditations that I've had with a Tarot deck have been with Tarot of the Spirit. The artwork is abstract and I found myself going into deep meditations to connect with it. It took some time, even though I am used to meditation but the results that I received have helped me to understand the deck. For me it the deck is more useful in this way then for reading with.

I find that Thoth based decks and the Thoth deck itself seem to give me good meditations. RWS decks don't do that in the same way as I already have pre-conceived knowledge of the meanings and this influences what I am trying to find out for myself.

Marseilles decks also give me good meditations but in a different way, they send me off in search for answers and I end up with many tabs open on my computer and reading loads! But I take alot of notice of faces and expressions in Marseilles decks, they seem to tell me all about the people, their viewpoints and their emotions... sometimes this takes the place of the generally accepted meaning for the card.