LANGUSTL- Lenormand

Langustl

Hi !

I´ve finished a Tarot-deck, what will be published in spring 2008, and now I started a Lenormand-deck, because we´re actually speaking about the symbolism in my German Tarotforum.

I want to show you the first card. It´s the SNAKE:

I find orientation in the deck with the blue owl on the back.
The snake looked for a place with stone not sand to wind up at that little tree with the two leaves and the apple. She came from fire and went to consciousness. She knows, that all the things have two sides. She is wise, and that is it, what she wanted to show the two people in the paradise a "few" years ago ;). In this winding up you can also see the symbol of a search. She is a sign for healing to, but also for danger. If you face he danger, how we do it with the snake on the painting, we can handle it. But the snake can be your own doubts, that bite and kill you, if you´re not conscioue about.

THE SNAKE: http://www.langustl.de/lenormandgross/07schlangeeng.html

07schlange.jpg

ALL cards: http://www.langustl.de/lenormandmotiveeng.html
LANGUSTL-Tarot: http://www.langustl.de/tarotmotivegaeng.html
:love:

Debra

Guten tag, Langustl.

Nice image. Clear. I like the happy feeling of the snake and the echo of the tongue in the leaves (same feeling).

Questions:
1. Why do you say the snake is "she," female?
2. Do the Lenormand numbers (7; D clubs) mean anything to you, or do you include them because of Lenormand tradition?

Langustl

Hi Debra *wave ;) !

1. We often use to interpret the snake as a women, a mother, a female lover ore a female adviser.

2. I include the numbers because of Lenormand tradition, yes. There are a few decks, where the numbers are different, but the most used decks have these numbers. I´m busy with the Lenormand system in the moment in my German forum, what means, I try to find the system. And I guess, I´m on a good way :). Mabe I can tell you more about the numbers later.
:love:

Debra

ah. Female snake.

The snake in the Garden of Eden I think is a male snake.

Langustl

In deed :bugeyed:? O.k. would make sense. Starting the game as the magician does. Well, the Lenormand cards have a lot of different levels. Could be also male in a special case :).

Open Arms

I like the imagery but I also feel that sometimes the snakes nastier aspects can be more hidden and not so obvious

That said though - I sometimes feel that the snake does tend to be more female than male in aspect..

Langustl

Hi Open Arms, thanks !

Well, that´s interesting, because a wellknown Lenormand-woman in Germany said, the snake doesn´t seem to be dangerous and poisonous enough. It seems very considerate to her :) .

Debra

Snakes on a stick symbolize the pharmacy (chemist).

Langustl

A young women told me, the story of the Äskulap-wand comes from the bible. When Moses and his people went out of egypt, his people became dicontent and full of doupts. And they were angry about Moses, god and this situation. So god sent snakes to bite them -these were their own doubts, I think- and a lot of them died. And they asked Moses to help them. So he put a snake on a wand and he told his people, everybody who would look at that sign, could be safe and would get his healing. This is a story where healing and a snake on a wand is connected. I guess, they got consciousness about their doubts by locking at the snake. The hatred they sent out to god and moses came back to them.