Zerner Farber Tarot Deck?

Mellifluous

You're welcome! If you end up getting it, let us know what you think of it. :)

strings of life

So, I have this on the way. Funny, it is one of those decks that I never checked out simply because I am not a fan of how the Enchanted looks. I checked out one the threads in the Trading Forum, and there it was: a photo of the deck with a goegeous bag, for the cost of lunch here in New York City.

My first thought was, I've been missing out! Borderless, a tapestry collage, stunning colors and details, a Victorian feel. I don't think it looks girly at all, just old fashioned and packed with old wisdom.

On its way, and I wonder how we will get along. I'm thinking we will just fine. If we don't, I'll use it for cards with trades or some crafting adventure.

I don't know if mine is the smaller one or not (it appears there are two versions, right)? This one just has the LWB.

To think I happened upon this deck by accident...

palzom

my two cents

I have both ZF and Enchanted and I use both. Like most, I find the Enchanted really hard to shuffle because of its size, so I keep it on my altar and use it to pull my card of the day. I use the Zerner-Farber for readings using multiple card spreads.

I really love the design on the back of the Enchanted cards and have even thought of getting it as a tattoo.

I find that I can really soak in the ideas and images of the Enchanted cards in a slower more purposeful way.

I love how the ZF cards feel more energetic and wild because they are brighter and lacking the white border. They burn their way into my brain rather than soaking in.

I have noticed that when I'm using Enchanted (vs. ZF) I've gone through cycles where I hate getting wands (stressful) or hate getting swords (catastrophic) or hate getting hearts (melodramatic). I can't get enough of the pentacles.

I keep ZF in my backpack at all times and use it 3-4 times a week.

Neofelion

Zerner Farber quality issues

I just bought this deck used at a yard sale, and was surprised to find (in addition to two duplicate cards) that the printing was slightly off on a number of cards, so that the back design wasn't centered, or there was a contrasting strip along one side of the face. The trimming isn't perfect either (pretty uneven around the corners, with little scoops instead of rounded curves). It makes me realize how much I take perfect printing and trimming for granted.

I know what you're thinking, but this isn't a trimmed Enchanted Tarot - it came with the box, which fits the cards as they are. I'm wondering if it could be a knock-off. Is there such a thing as a knock-off tarot deck?? Or have other people noticed the same thing? Although the review in the decks section says it is supposed to be made by US Games, I don't find their name anywhere on the deck, the box, or the LWB (it does say "Printed in China," however).

Not that I'm complaining - it was definitely worth the 50 cents I paid for it! But it would be a shame if the creators aren't getting paid, and something anyone buying the deck might want to be on the watch for.

astroandtarot said:
wondering if anyone has used this deck and would like to know what your thought on this deck?
i got this deck because it looks pretty with so much color but i have not used the deck much . I tend to go back to my Universal Waite.

Saidenne

I had this deck for many year, in fact i have two since my first was so worn out. Everytime I pick it up I am struck by just how emotional this seemingly innocent and "pretty" deck is.
I keep one of my decks in a wooden box on my livingroom table for quick-readings on the go for my guests, and one in a hand-crocheted green bag by my computer for my own daily fix.

I got a lot of fave decks, and often this little gem is forgotten from those lists with big and bold names, but at the right moment a card such as 4 of hearts little veiled girl can pierce my heart.