book recommendation for learning cards intuitively

Sulis

I like 'The Complete Tarot Reader: Everything you need to know from start to finish' by Teresa Michelsen.
This book teaches you how to actually read the cards without any spoonfeeding in the form of card meanings.
In here you'll find elements, numerology, reversals, dignities, phrasing questions etc... Take what you want and ignore the rest.
What this book won't give you are lists of card meanings but it does show you how to get your own.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Ta...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266159778&sr=8-1

gregory

Sulis said:
What this book won't give you are lists of card meanings but it does show you how to get your own.
And THAT is what you need, to be a "real reader" !!!!

Libra8ca

I was just reading the book "Clairvoyance - Insight is only a daydream away' by Lynn Willoughby and there is a small section on using tarot cards as a springboard for intuitive insight.
The book mainly consists of excercises that build on each other. I was just trying her method with a tarot card yesterday and got interesting results.

IheartTarot

Thanks gregory, I will give that a try now (no title)!

The card meanings that stuck with me the most are the ones I learnt from experience. In the beginning I pulled a card every day and made a note of it, then later I compared it to what happened during my day.

Eventually when I pulled certain cards for the day, I knew that I needed to brace myself for trouble!

I am now doing this again with different decks where I use the card image as my pc desktop background for the day.

I also remember some of my first full Celtic Cross readings and can relate to what the cards meant in hindsight (and at the time).

Ange

That's a good idea about using a card image as a PC background....:)

Ang x

Ange

I've now got a pic of a very fat Magician as my desktop....

Maybe I need to adjust the size a little....:)

Ang x

IheartTarot

I am glad I could contribute something!

At the moment I am using the images from The Fey Tarot, you can find all of them on the illustrator's website www.mara-aghem.com (Tarocchi delle Fate).

RexMalaki

Sulis said:
I like 'The Complete Tarot Reader: Everything you need to know from start to finish' by Teresa Michelsen.
This book teaches you how to actually read the cards without any spoonfeeding in the form of card meanings.
In here you'll find elements, numerology, reversals, dignities, phrasing questions etc... Take what you want and ignore the rest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Ta...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266159778&sr=8-1

Thanks Sulis,

This one is on my short list to buy!

Scion

Teresa's book is great. Chunky enough to give you stuff to grow on, but flexible enough to be useful for any deck and any style of reader.