Zombie tarot - Ten of Swords

shadowdancer

I am opening the first posting with my tongue in cheek take of this card. Further insights, serious or otherwise most definitely welcome :)

No need to look so puzzled. The evidence is around you (although it was once inside you) that cleaver is indeed VERY sharp. Waive it willy nilly and you run the risk of cutting your own meat and two veg off as well as those of others. And trust me, if you leave yourself bared to all and sundry you can bet your bottom dollar there will be those who quite happily take a pound of flesh from you. Of in the case of those who are not on a weighwatchers, but more of an Atkins diet, as much as they can cram into their greedy mouths. That heart will be the choicest cut so be prepared for things to get really tough. I kinda like the idea of seeing a zombie bun fight. You just know one of them will be the loser and will end up with your bowel instead. So yeah, this is as bad as it may get which means there is some good news. Yep, things can only get better right? So do what that zombie on right is doing and fill ya boots my friend! Use that cleaver to do some dismembering of your own. And don't worry about the blood on the tie. White vinegar really can do wonders on most stains.

Attachments

• swords 10.jpg
    swords 10.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 805

Winterchild

10 of Swords

Oh my.... good job I wasn't drinking tea.... that was hilarious... meat and two veg indeed.. and the white vinegar!!

I was thinking along the lines of the hat and collar and tie.... trying to dress and appear as though nothing is wrong, even though there is very little left of the rest of him! I guess that's looking on the bright side... he held on to his hat! And he does have the cleaver....

The other thing that strikes me is that he is being betrayed by his very own body parts.... are those his own hands grabbing at his intestines?!

shadowdancer

yess......a reply....lol.

And an insightful one. You have definitely given me more food for thought with the dress/attire. Makes me now think about how we often paper over the cracks hoping nobody notices what is really going on.

On a serious note, you now make me think of the issue of self harming. Not that it would be something I would come out with in a reading, but it is a consideration and could be on an indirect level.

I knew this deck was good, and I hope to see more replies as time goes on. It has depth - and some.

ann823

Some days, it just seems like everybody wants a piece of you...

Pam O

Oh my.... good job I wasn't drinking tea.... that was hilarious... meat and two veg indeed.. and the white vinegar!!

I was thinking along the lines of the hat and collar and tie.... trying to dress and appear as though nothing is wrong, even though there is very little left of the rest of him! I guess that's looking on the bright side... he held on to his hat! And he does have the cleaver....

The other thing that strikes me is that he is being betrayed by his very own body parts.... are those his own hands grabbing at his intestines?!

These are all great entries!! :D
This has been my traveling deck hanging out in my purse for a few weeks now. It is so dang funny, and you can go deep, "deep where?" could be a good question??? Deep cuts with the knife at this moment!

Now that hand with the butcher knife, he seems to be cutting off his own head. And that perfectly matches the 10 of swords, thinking SO much that you make yourself crazy, and beating yourself up and why not pretend nothing is wrong? Now, with a new line of thinking, and since he is obviously half crazy and half zombified, why not cut off the head for a prize to take to the other zombies? Everyone seems to be getting a piece of him anyway, he might as well claim the best piece as the prize for the 10 of swords, his own head?!

DaisyDragonfly

Heh, I've read it as the ultimate betrayal: other people using your own hand to cut you into pieces. It takes et tu, Brutus, to a whole other level...

But, hey...at least there's no secrets left. Nothing hidden, nothing under your sleeve. Everything is exposed and out in the open - albeit not necessarily through your own actions - and all that's left is to clean up the mess made by the process of revelation. It probably hurt like hell, but the worst is now over. All that's left is to pick up the pieces and sing a chorus of 'Where do we go from here?'