What Are You Currently Reading?

ihcoyc

Knight's A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism was one of my first esoteric tarot books back in the '70s. I never noticed what some people now consider his non-PC attitude.

Dion Fortune is three times as bad in that department as Knight. I pity the foo' who got stuck with an impractical guide to Qabalistic symbolism.

Grizabella

I bought a couple of really good books a couple years ago, but haven't ever actually read them front to back. That's my goal right now, as of this morning, to read them front to back instead of just here and there. I always have so many books I plan to read but never quite catch up with my planned reading so I just "dabble" in them and put them aside to "read later".

The two books are Cartomancy with the Lenormand and the Tarot. The other one is Tarot Beyond the Basics. Both books are packed with information that's very interesting and useful for a reader who is experienced beyond just the basics and is ready to move on to more advanced information.

MysticMoonlight

Gateway to the Divine

I started reading 'Gateway to the Divine' the book that accompanies the 'Legacy of the Divine' deck by Ciro Marchetti and I love it (and the deck as well). Ciro gives his take/view on the card meanings and then several other Tarot professionals give their thoughts/views on each card as well. It's really refreshing and I find the different perspectives quite helpful and insightful...it really helps open up the cards and the "story" seems to flow quite easily. Big, big fan of this book and I just started!

Redfaery

Reading a number of books at the moment! Anthony Louis's "Tarot Beyond the Basics" and the guide he wrote for Llewellyn, but I'm really focusing on Place's "The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination." All excellent.

minotaur

Benebell Wen wrote the excellent book, "Holistic Tarot" which I have read different parts of but currently I am reading her book "The Tao of Craft". It is on the history, culture and use of Fu Sigils. Though it is about 600 pages I find it quite fascinating and am reading it from front to back.

EmpyreanKnight

Re-reading Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom and Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack. It's time to wrestle the Rider-Waite beast.

Late Starter

Just started Spiritual Tarot - Seventy-eight Paths to Personal Development by Echols, Mueller, and Thomson.

RiverRunsDeep

Reading the companion book for the Bohemian Gothic Tarot. Love, love, love!! Very well written, plus lots of extra details, thought-provoking questions, and several excerpts from famous gothic stories and books. My first experience with reading a Baba companion book, and I am quite impressed!

Also reading Christine Jette's "Tarot Shadow Work, Using the Dark Symbols to Heal". Provides a detailed and structured approach to shadow work, as well as some excellent tarot spreads, and meditation and journaling exercises.

linnie

Oops... sorry... not tarot related...

In search of stones, m scott peck... I'm hoping it will point me to some amazing Sacred Circles/Standing Stones/Monoliths etc when we visit the UK etc :D

EmpyreanKnight

Before I get too busy, I shall be reading The Illustrated Guide to Tarot by Jane Lyle. The Rider Waite Smith is getting more and more captivating.