Tarot in the Harry Potter Series (Warning! Spoilers and Speculation about Book 7)

Netzach

And if I remember rightly, Trelawny has only been correct once - or possibly twice. It's rather sad - she has got the gift but she doesn't know how to access it and has to cover up with all the trappings. I think it's actually a comment on the fact that the flaky "Madam Arcarti" types aren't necessarily the best readers, mediums or whatever. (One of the best mediums in the UK is a Scottish barber . . . a very down to earth bloke.)

Jewel

Muser257 said:
Personally i think Harry is a Horucrux. Seeing Voldermort has already scarred him. It just makes sense. But who really knows. We have to wait and see.

That is what I believe too. I also have a feeling that he will die when he vanquishes Valdemort. JK Rollins has stated that book 7 is the end of the Harry Potter series, if she kills him that could help her stick to that, altough I really wish she would write one book about 10-12 years after graduation from Hogwarts. But ohhhhhhhhhh well.

As for assosiciation with tarot, Harry could be the fool making his journey, and dying at the end representing the completion of the journey and saving the world.

I am not familiar with the Arthurian Hollows, but would love to learn more. You could be on to something there.

Shishkeberry

Netzach said:
And if I remember rightly, Trelawny has only been correct once - or possibly twice.

She has made two correct predictions. The one about Harry and the one from PoA about Peter.

goddessof1967

Jewel said:
That is what I believe too. I also have a feeling that he will die when he vanquishes Valdemort. JK Rollins has stated that book 7 is the end of the Harry Potter series, if she kills him that could help her stick to that,
No, she won't kill him off. What will she fall back on when she's down to her last million bucks in the bank? :laugh:

Jewel

goddessof1967 said:
No, she won't kill him off. What will she fall back on when she's down to her last million bucks in the bank? :laugh:
*ROFLMAO* Something tells me that is not something she will ever have to worry about. Those books will be selling for a very long time, plus the movies and other HP stuff. She has it made. I am so jealous *LOL*.

Netzach

Jewel said:
She has it made. I am so jealous *LOL*.

Time for you to start writing then!!

Tara2007

I'm jumping in here in the middle, but I have a question.....

Does anyone know of a Harry Potter Tarot Deck? Does one exist or is it in the works? I have not heard of it and there is not one listed in decks on AT.

Personally, by the way, I do not think Harry will be killed off. For two reasons:

1) Too many readers love him and it would be such a hard blow (he's like a son to many of us!)

2) That would really mean the end of the series...if if J.K. Rowling said it is, I think she may change her mind in the years to come

Interesting discussion here...thank you all for your insight

Shishkeberry

Tara2007 said:
I'm jumping in here in the middle, but I have a question.....

Does anyone know of a Harry Potter Tarot Deck? Does one exist or is it in the works? I have not heard of it and there is not one listed in decks on AT.

I think I heard mention of someone making one, but I forget where I saw it. Anyway, I do know of someone who has done a couple of the Major Arcana cards based on the four founders.

Salazar Slytherin as the Magician, Rowena Ravenclaw as the High Priestess, and Godric Gryffindor as the Emperor.

http://acciobrain.ligermagic.com/

Tara2007

Thank you, Shishkeberry, I hope that the rest of the deck is to follow, so far I like what I see very much.

gregory

There are at least 2 really AWFUL HP decks.....