The Gothic Tarot by Vargo - Ten Of Cups

silk_selen

She is literally taking his heart. If you take a close enough look, there is a hint of red where her fingernails are on his chest.

And yes, I know, that's the right side of his chest, but, still. It's art. *shrug*

That's how I saw it, the act of taking possession of his heart.

mercenary30

Ten of Cups

In the back ground we have three separate arches standing on four pillars. The center, and larger arch has a bat winged face upon it. Above the arches, ten chalices are displayed. A mist lingers throughout the cavernous chamber. Upon a three tiered dais sits a stone coffin. Engraved in the sides of that coffin is some running arches with skulls depicted under each arch. On top of the coffin lies the unconscious form of a young mortal man. Standing above him is a vampiress, wearing a flowing black gown trimmed in red; like something Elvira would wear. She has his shirt undone, and her nails pressed upon his chest; her left index finger is starting to draw blood. Her wings are out and pointing straight back, her head is turned towards you. The look on her face says that it is too late to save him; he will soon belong to her.

I am not convinced that she intends to turn him. It seems more to me like she wants him for a mortal toy. To take away his mortal soul would taint the beauty that she finds in this human male. She intends to feed on him and play with him, keep him alive and hers. She will have to protect him from others in the clan, but to have this prince among men as her slave of passion will be worth it. But I wonder, now that the hunt is over and she has her prize, how long will it be before she becomes bored? Eventually she will start to share, and then one day her interest will be gone. Then what of the prince’s fate? Drained for food, or maybe he becomes communal property. If he can ever get his wits about him, he better find a way to make keep those around him interested, or convince them to turn him. I supposed he could always try to escape………

annik

This card is definitively sensual. No doubt about it. It's a deadly games but the edge is always trilling.

The story of Senele and Endymion could apply but I was also thinking of Persephone and Adonis (and Aphrodite).

darkiscross

No doubt indeed. But I read two contradictory meanings in the card. The first is as you guys mentioned, a soul-seeking succubus who can't possibly intend any good on the man. The other reading is this:

A tragedy, but one final moment that places the heart at ease.
He is a human, but the lady a fallen angel. She stands over her sleeping lover, who do not notice her presence, nor wake at her icy touch. The two are divided by a species barrier. The love was never meant to be.

I've looked in the LWB and found the attributes match my second reading quite closely. I'm split at what to think.