Dark of the Moon spread, for looking within.

Milamber

I found this thread online when I first started studying tarot, and it was my first spread with physical cards. Somebody asked me about this in a Talking Tarot thread, and I noticed it wasn't in the index, so I thought I'd post it here.

Again, I did not create this spread.

The Dark of the Moon spread is not intended for looking outward on a situation, or for readings with a specific question in mind. Instead, its purpose is to look inward, and give you insight into your own life. An example of what this spread gives you would be the answer to, "Where is my life at now?"

1-------4
--2-7-5--
3-------6

1: Releasing. Things you should be letting go of in your life.
2: Retaining. Things you should be holding close to you.
3: Receiving. Things that are coming into your life.
4: Surroundings. How the world around you is affecting you.
5: Giving. What you should be giving to others.
6: Beginning. Something new that will begin soon.
7: Your lesson. What you should be learning at this point.

WalesWoman

OOH! This sounds like a lovely spread to try out tonight...on the Dark of the Moon. Thanks for sharing this milamber!

Lewen

How interesting...I just found this spread online today! Hmmm methinks it's another one I must try as well!

VernonZwiers

Hi Milamber

Just for interest the creator of this spread is Terri Paajanen.

Kind regards
Vernon

Little Baron

Thank you for sharing this spread; I look forward to putting it into practice this evening.

LB

bleuivy

Wow! This spread looks great! I love introspective spreads like this. I'll deffinately be trying it out on the next dark moon. Thanks for posting it.

ArwenNightstar

We tried this the other day. Went well. I think, for me, that I need to do this one for myself a lot more before I roll it out to clients. There's a lot to this spread. Thanks for sharing it!

Emily

This spread looks like it could be interesting to use. Thanks for posting it. :)

ArwenNightstar

A spread for all phases

Emily said:
This spread looks like it could be interesting to use. Thanks for posting it. :)

Ok, I've now done this spread during all phases of the moon and have found it to be one I like very much. Seems to be more in-depth during the dark of the moon, but that could be due to the phrasing of the questions.

Emily

Thanks for bumping this up - I'd forgotten all about this spread but reading it through now, it looks like just what I need. :)