King and Queen of Cups

poivre

Which person is more stable with their emotions?

The King has all the grey area behind him &
the Queen has blue.

grey - for grey area in emotions
blue- for calming or the truth about emotions

Can emotions flow and be stable at the same time?
They both look very serious!

Sulis

I think that the Queen of Cups is the more stable one emotionally.

The King of Cups has mastered his emotions but I think that sometimes he still has trouble understanding them.

Love

Sulis xx

rcb30872

Sulis said:
I think that the Queen of Cups is the more stable one emotionally.

The King of Cups has mastered his emotions but I think that sometimes he still has trouble understanding them.

Love

Sulis xx
I'll have to agree.

To me the Queen of Swords is not afraid to look at herself or her feelings

To me the King of Swords keeps people distant, not allowing them to get close to him by him not showing his emotions, but at the same time has no problems giving some assistance to those seeking help with the emotions

Bec

ArcanoMáximo

"To me the Queen of Swords is not afraid to look at herself or her feelings

To me the King of Swords keeps people distant, not allowing them to get close to him by him not showing his emotions, but at the same time has no problems giving some assistance to those seeking help with the emotions"

I guess you mean the Cup Kings. And yes, i also agree, i've noted this in my readings too.

rcb30872

*slaps her head and says quite loudly "you idiot"*

Thanks for pointing out my silly typing mistake.

Bec

squeakmo9

I think both are equally challenged by their emotions and she no less then a King as Queen, she has also mastered her fair share of storms.
The King seems to sink faster than the Queen and gets lost in past 'what ifs' with the serpent present to his right.
The Queen holds a chalice with a cover and looks at it intently to signify her quest for true love that lasts, I don't think there is a chalice present with a cover in any of the other cards, not sure.
Both gain when they incorporate intellect in their emotional equations, the yellow in their crowns and in his cloak.

ArcanoMáximo

rcb30872, you are not an idiot just for that type mistake. I do them all the time too. History shows geniuses always have been distracted beings (LOL).
Just like this Cup kings we are focusing more in the sustance than in the external form...:D
AM*

wilde-tarot

Grumpy King!!

The King of Cups holds his Cup without looking at it unlike the Queen-some say he is incapable of looking at his emotions or even holds them using them as a form of Power-his corrosponding foot doesnt enter the swirling creative Sea-he is incapable of dipping his foot in his Sea of Creativity-the fish around his neck is the Fish of Creativity -used only as a false ornament-the King of Cups may be somebody-man or masculine woman who from the outside looks together yet underneath has boiling anger-he has comprimised his Creativity for the mundane at a huge cost- a warning card of somebody who is capable of getting people on side just to undermine the querant- the Hermetic Deck shows him is full flight!
The Queen holds the most ornate Cup/Chalice in the deck-she balances this Heavy Cup easily in her hand-she gazes at it intently-no body is game to try and take her cup away-she has her ankles crossed recalling the ability of great self sacrifice- her foot/feet touch the waters-Shes Beautiful!!!

ArcanoMáximo

wilde-tarot said:
-she balances this Heavy Cup easily in her hand-
Oh, yes! So true, i now see it. Very good point WT, then, she is stronger. Many times ppl think the strong size is not to show emotions. But we are stronger when we accept them.
"Men cry as well"
AM*

Sophie

well....but on the other hand...

I've been thinking about these two. I often associate myself to the Queen of Cups - she is my "natural" significator, along with the Q of Swords.

Now, I always assumed - as others on this thread from what I've seen - that the fact the queen is staring at her cup means she is not afraid to face her emotions, she's the accomplished artist, perfect mother, etc. The king, on the other hand, is an emotional cripple because he looks away, repressing his natural feelings and his artistic leanings.

But looking at these two cards again after a break away from the RWS, this little doubt has crept in my mind.

When we are at ease with something, do we find it necessary to stare at it so closely, to cling to it with our eyes - our hands? Isn't it a little bit...needy? Isn't the guy who holds the cup firmly but without needing to stare at it - more balanced? More mature in his emotions, easier in his artistic nature and leadership?

And now I look at this king, whom not so long ago I dismissed as immature in his emotions. He is surrounded by a sea, but steers his throne like a ship on this ocean of emotion. He does not appear put off at all, he is not drowning - himself or others - in emotion. Emotion is his natural environment and he lives there - at ease.

Now to the queen: she stares at this elaborate cup of hers. Dramatic cup. Might she perhaps be a drama queen, whose emotions she thinks more important than anyone else's, more dramatic? A clingy lover or mother, who builds up her feelings and puts them on a pedestal? I look at her, and see the shadow next to the light we so often associate with her. She stares at her cup, but does not go too close to the shore - where true emotion, not elaborate fantasy, is swirling around.

Just a thought.