cutting cards or cards jumping at me...

loquitaaphrodite

everytime i cut cards to shuffle i keep seeing the same cards, no matter how much i shuffle them... the two of cups, lovers, the sun & 10 of cups... over, over and over... i am new to the tarot but i get a sense that spirit is trying to convey something to me through the tarot. or maybe its nothing? im pregnant & stressed b/c me & my ex are not together anymore... maybe this energy is transfering into the cards?

nisaba

Tarot cards will try and tell you what you need to hear. Conversely, once you've understood it correctly, they will stop.

loquitaaphrodite

thank you nibia... i know what the cards mean individually, but idk or cant see how it applies to me, other than 'the sun' card which could be indicating that im having a healthy happy baby boy. the rest im simply confused b/c it shows partnership and a traditional family which is not part of my life b/c im pregnant & single. maybe a partnership between me and the baby?

Tarot cards will try and tell you what you need to hear. Conversely, once you've understood it correctly, they will stop.

werewolfmoon

everytime i cut cards to shuffle i keep seeing the same cards, no matter how much i shuffle them... the two of cups, lovers, the sun & 10 of cups... over, over and over... i am new to the tarot but i get a sense that spirit is trying to convey something to me through the tarot. or maybe its nothing? im pregnant & stressed b/c me & my ex are not together anymore... maybe this energy is transfering into the cards?

Was it a four card reading or were some cards clarifiers?

I see the Lovers as more about choices than love itself and combined with the two of cups I'd say its saying how much love you and your child will share when he/she is born and how much of a loving and happy family unit you will make together, regardless of whether dad is around or not. Its a lovely set of cards to receive I'd say.

willowfox

***I think the cards need a real shuffle, like putting them in the blender then you won't see the same cards for a while.

AJ

the top and bottom cards stay very near the top and bottom of the deck when shuffling.

take 1/3 of the deck, move it to the top or bottom and shuffle again. Cures the repeating problem.
You will also hear about that problem from people who deal their spread off the top like poker.
shuffle and fan and pull at random, another cure for the problem.

kalliope

If you "cut" your deck after shuffling, your deck could always be breaking at the same cards because they might have the slightest warp or bend to them. This creates an air pocket that allows the deck to split very easily at those cards. And then those cards will always end up at the top of your pile to begin laying out the spread. AJ also had a good suggestion to make sure you're thoroughly mixing up the deck.

Sometimes I will pick a number while I'm shuffling, and then will count to that card to start laying them out. That nicely solved my repeating problem with a certain deck!

If you do all of these things and you still get repeating cards, then I think it's really tarot sending you a message.

loquitaaphrodite

thanks guys, i'll try that!

the top and bottom cards stay very near the top and bottom of the deck when shuffling.

take 1/3 of the deck, move it to the top or bottom and shuffle again. Cures the repeating problem.
You will also hear about that problem from people who deal their spread off the top like poker.
shuffle and fan and pull at random, another cure for the problem.

ravenest

thank you nibia... i know what the cards mean individually, but idk or cant see how it applies to me, other than 'the sun' card which could be indicating that im having a healthy happy baby boy. the rest im simply confused b/c it shows partnership and a traditional family which is not part of my life b/c im pregnant & single. maybe a partnership between me and the baby?

If I was doing that reading for you that would be my conclusion ; 2 of cups ... a very pure form of love .... then Lovers after it , just to cement the point, Sun, good energy bursting forth and bringing joy and life, 10 cups a fulfilment of emotional energy, satisfaction, completion.

One could say a new wonderful relationship, but lets kick the silly men out of the picture for a mo, what is one of the deepest and highest and purest forms of love? I believe it is maternal ... especially at this stage and with the new child (and they will love you back just as much). The Sun seems a prefect image here ... and the resultant 10 cups

Frankly it seems so obvious to me I am surprised you haven't had a flood of replies saying the same?

The single pregnant mum is a very emotive dynamic ... there are a lot in the country area I live in ... it is a very female area ( and marked that way by the indigenous peoples here - there is a woman's birth pool in the river near my cabin). Make sure you are near people that are understanding of your situation and will enjoy offering help (we are out there ... some of us are 'silly men' ;) ).

Many single women and couples, over the years, stayed at our property to give birth , and in many cases stayed on as their children grew up ... its been a wonderful sharing experience .

I have to say that those cards, to me, indicate a similar wonderful experience for you.