cluster satalite spread

juice

I've just started the Tarot novel by P Anthony, page 65. (It was not meant to be a trilogy, but a single novel the publisher couldn't afford to print all at once.) Anyways, he suggested an interesting spread version that I thought you might want to consider, in the forward to the novel.

1. Pick a significator. It can be any card in the deck that represent you or your question. Now put it back in the deck.

2. shuffle the cards and deal or by whatever method you prefer put the cards in 5 stacks of 15*. Each stack is prelabeled Earth, air, fire, water, or aura.
a. do or.....nature....or...wands
b. think...........science.........swords
c. feel.............faith.............cups
d. have...........trade............coins
e. be..............art...............aura

3. Now flip through the stacks until you find your significator. The pile the sigi was in tells you the general area of your life that the question relates to. If that doesn't answer your question, go to step 4.

4. The cards that are below the significator are available to further explain your answer. The rest of the cards from that stack and the other stacks can be set aside. Lay down the sig. Deal the top 5 cards (if your have 5 left) from the leftover stack like a cross on a map.
a. center over sig, defining the problem
b. south past
c. west present
d. north future
e. east destiny
If that doesn't answer it for you, continue

5. Place a card on top of the one that confuses to further explain it and wrap 3 cards around that new center card for past, present, and future. If you run out of cards, thats all Tarot had to say to you today. Repeat step 5 as long as you have cards and still don't understand. You can build a satalite cluster on top of another satalite and not just the main, first 5 cards.

I had to make a few changes for you because his deck includes 100 cards somehow that I missed all the reasoning on but will figure it out as I read the book. Part of the reasoning has to do with the fact that the classical element of the middle ages were earth, air, fire, water, and aura.

a. His 100 card deck made 5 piles of 20.

b. He may have meant you to use all the cards in the original pile.

c. didn't say what you did when you had less than four more cards.

My head churns with possibilities. One such is that the significator turning up in the 3 cards that weren't dealt is a clue that Tarot doesn't want to talk about that today. Maybe the last 3 card if they don't have the significator could be the advice cards if the spread didn't make it clear just by telling you the problem.

Looks like I'll have to offer to answer questions since this was such a huge post. :)

ArwenNightstar

juice said:
My head churns with possibilities. One such is that the significator turning up in the 3 cards that weren't dealt is a clue that Tarot doesn't want to talk about that today. Maybe the last 3 card if they don't have the significator could be the advice cards if the spread didn't make it clear just by telling you the problem.

Looks like I'll have to offer to answer questions since this was such a huge post. :)

I adore Piers Anthony. Haven't read Tarot yet, but I am a fan of his more comic work as well as things like Bio of a Space Tyrant. Must try this spread.... but what a lot of work! :)