I never noticed that before.

Debra

Here's an image I grabbed off the web. It doesn't look like Air.
But on my own greenie card right here next to the keyboard, it's definitely air next to the "l" in "Fool."

Attachments

• 00-Major-Fool.jpg
    00-Major-Fool.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 89

Debra

PS: On my "in my hand" greenie fool, the Hebrew letter and triangular air symbol are quite close to "The Fool" title. They're superimposed over the lighter word TRUMPS.

On the image I've attached, these two symbols are moved further out on either edge of the frame--there's more space between the words "The Fool" and the two symbols on either side.

So I imagine some type-and-frame monkey business that accounts for the disparity.

Stormdancer

Debra said:
Here's an image I grabbed off the web. It doesn't look like Air.
But on my own greenie card right here next to the keyboard, it's definitely air next to the "l" in "Fool."
SO in your picture, the triangle within the triangle is an air symbol?

thorhammer

Grigori said:
I can never quite see the details, it's just a tad too small/fine to be clear to me. In the yellow background, they look to me like two triangles joined together at the base, like a diamond with a horizontal line through the middle.

I did a search a while back to try and find alternate versions of the air triangle that may match, but didn't find anything useful.
I think this one that Grigori's talking about is something different from everyone else - and it's the one I thought of the Ritual of the Hexagram for. raven, Deb - you're talking about the one in the frame/border, no? My use deck is trimmed, so I got nothin' :)

Now that I'm really looking, I'm not certain of where Grigori's getting his symbol - do you mean the one that the Fool is holding in his right (on our left ;)) hand? May I refer you to the Platonic Solids discussion? But I think you mean the faint lines that divide the yellow background/wallpaper behind the Fool's body; I've always wondered about that, because there's a hint of it but you can never quite tell where it is or what it's trying to do. I've attached a bit of a sketch with the lines I see. I just can't see the pattern. There's a suggestion of the Tree of Life, but it's not quite right, and puts the sun above Kether, where paths 19 and 13 cross :confused: It also seems to highlight Daath. I thought it might be another one of the Hexagrams, but no luck there.

Dammit, I'm supposed to be cleaning my house.

\m/ Kat

Attachments

• Thoth_Fool_Lines.JPG
    Thoth_Fool_Lines.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 69

Debra

In the actual green-tinged deck I'm holding in my actual hand, the triangle is the traditional symbol for air, an upward pointing triangle with a line inside parallel to the bottom line, kinda like these (from wikipedia) only the top horizontal is actually closer to the bottom horizontal. Anyway, it's Air. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Air_symbols

I don't have a scanner. I can try to take a picture later and post it, or hope someone else will do so ;)

On the other hand, the image I posted, which I pulled off a widely-used internet site that rhymes with whatadecka, shows a symbol that looks like a small triangle within a larger one. It's difficult to see. It does not traditionally represent air, as far as I know.

Debra

Oh cripes. Hang on, I'll try to do this with a camera. Be right back. Here, have a snack.

Stormdancer

ravenest said:
Thats the Triangle I am talking about. What one is Kat talking about.

The title with the sign (element, planet or zodiac) and the Hebrew down the bottom on the border. Its not an air hexagram - that would have made sense to me, although I have never seen that in this position on this card before either. It's def two upright triangles one inside the other. Her deck is the samller Thoth with the rainbox hexagram card.
Ravenest is talking about the symbol on the border...on the right side of "fool". If your deck is trimmed you won't see it. It is a triangle inside of a triangle. Neither one of us recognize this symbol.

Stormdancer

Debra said:
I
On the other hand, the image I posted, which I pulled off a widely-used internet site that rhymes with whatadecka, shows a symbol that looks like a small triangle within a larger one. It's difficult to see. It does not traditionally represent air, as far as I know.

That's what we're asking about....I've not seen that for Air...any thoughts on what it is???

Debra

Ok. Here are photos from my deck.

You can see that the spacing of the symbols on the bottom margin is different to the way they're spaced on the scan I posted above. That one, I pulled off the internet.

I show the whole Fool card sideways so you all can see a bigger image.

ETA: My thoughts on what it is, the triangle-within-a-triangle, is that it's a mistake later corrected.

Attachments

• the whole fool.JPG
    the whole fool.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 83
  • the fools feet.JPG
    the fools feet.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 76
  • fools hand.JPG
    fools hand.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 79

Grigori

Sorry guys, I confused the conversation by introducing a second "triangle". I'm talking about the white diamond/triangles that form part of the yellow background in the Fool image, and not the triangle on the border that indicates the air element.

Snuffins says the diamonds in the background are symbols of kether, diamond being its stone. I like the air hexagram idea better though.

I've cut my borders off, so misread Ravenest's post as I don't even think about them anymore. So not sure which symbol I've got anymore :laugh: