Ritual of the Hexagram

Aeon418

Professor X said:
This is most encouraging to me. I will be continuing to work with these banishing rituals in the coming weeks until I have mastered them.
6 to 12 months of daily practice should be enough to settle you into those rituals. Mastery is another thing altogether.
Professor X said:
Then I will turn my attention to working with some envoking rituals.
Envoking? Do you mean invoking or evoking?
Professor X said:
This ritual was pretty effective for me. I imagine that the effect will only get even better and I get more fluid with the motions and words to vibrate when you make the pentagrams and hexagrams.
Oh, it will. It will get better and better. But if you practice long enough there will come a point when it "appears" that the ritual is not working anymore. When that stage arrives you may be seriously tempted to throw in the towel and give up.

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
Envoking? Do you mean invoking or evoking?

I meant to say evoking.

I have another question. I am also working on learning how to draw a magic circle. I was looking at the one Crowley put in Book 4. I was thinking on developing my own design for a circle. Do you have any info on drawing a magic circle. I think I read in Book 4 where Crowley said you can use colored tape to make a circle.

ravenest

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=61180&page=4&pp=10&highlight=Goetic

Post# 34.

The physical circle (the ring bit) is made from thick plactic agricultural water pipe, I painted on it with scarlet enamel. I like the idea of a sand floor in the temple, any circle or design can be drawn in it, the depression can be filled with spirit ( metholated or whatever) and lit to create flaming cirlce or sigils drawn in the sand ( although according to AC a nasty spirit or demon can throw sand on the line and create a break in the circle ... ? )

I've experimented with a few varieties over the years and this plastic pipe is the best for me, it can be rolled up and stored afterwards.

One thing to be aware of is the size and type of your equipment, will it fit in your circle with you and allow room to move.

Grigori

Professor X said:
I have another question. I am also working on learning how to draw a magic circle. I was looking at the one Crowley put in Book 4. I was thinking on developing my own design for a circle. Do you have any info on drawing a magic circle. I think I read in Book 4 where Crowley said you can use colored tape to make a circle.

Duquette told an interesting story at his lectures in Australia, about him attending a haunting once as an exorcist. He uses a circle made from a silk rope, which can then be picked up and wrapped around you when you want to move about a location (in this case a school) or if you want to do preliminary work in one location and then move to another.

This way you have mobility, but never have to leave your circle. I thought that was nifty.

Professor X

But with a more mobile type of circle I wouldnt be able to draw anything on the outside of it unless it was on something like sand. From what I have read all the words of protection are neccesary.

I see that the optimum in this situation is to have a spare room somewhere with a wooden floor that you can draw on with chalk or put some tape down upon.

I have been performing the banishings of the pentagram and hexagram after waking. It has proven to be very theraputic for my mind. My thinking has been a lot clearer and my energies more stablizing and powerful. This has proven to be a real boost to my spiritual development. Now that I see how potent this type of thing is I will be working with it even more.

I would LOVE to actually join a Golden Dawn oriented temple but I dont know any in my area.

ravenest

Professor X said:
I see that the optimum in this situation is to have a spare room somewhere with a wooden floor that you can draw on with chalk or put some tape down upon.
A clear floor to draw upon in chalk is a great way to do it. I had my temple set up in the cabin when I lived in a caravan, it was great, gradually I had to move into the cabin.

But this is a major question. If one does decide to take on an extensive magical working with a bit of equipment and a circle of a specific size, where is it going to go? Its fine if one has a large house with a spare room availible.

I think that in the past, many magicians (working this type of magic) were quiet well off, had lots of space and money and servants. Have a look at the Abramelin ritual ... step 1; "Hi Boss ... er ... can I take 3 months of work?"

t.town.troy

I can't remember if I had read this idea somewhere or if it may have come on a dream.
How about using rugs for magic circles?
I mean a mat of sorts, that has been prepared with the proper names etc.?
That way there could be a couple of these; one with the circle and triangle, one for general work, etc. This could be made from cloth or even thin plastic that is painted, or embroidered if you have that skill.
Just an idea... :)

Professor X

t.town.troy said:
I can't remember if I had read this idea somewhere or if it may have come on a dream.
How about using rugs for magic circles?
I mean a mat of sorts, that has been prepared with the proper names etc.?
That way there could be a couple of these; one with the circle and triangle, one for general work, etc. This could be made from cloth or even thin plastic that is painted, or embroidered if you have that skill.
Just an idea... :)

Thats a damn good idea. All you would need is the find the right material to use and you could paint a circle yourself with all the accompanying names.

t.town.troy

Just some more random thoughts...

I suppose that paper or plastic would make too much noise to stand on.
Some canvas might be good.
There are coloured "sharpie" markers that might be easy to use.
The only thing I can think of that might be bad about a light material is that it may bunch up and trip the operator.
Pieces of short pile carpet (like the outdoor type) might be better.
It should be relatively inexpensive to experiment with this idea.

Grigori

I've seen folks paint them on calico and lay that over the floor. Or just a piece of rope and place holy names written on pieces of paper around the edges, or figurines or stones to represent same.

I don't use one, but have have toyed with the idea of finding a nice short pile circle rug and decorating it with spray paints for a bit of craft fun.

In this clip at about 1:00 you can see a wooden version that Pole Runyon uses. Its 4 quarters of a circle that interlock when in use and fold up for storage.