The Book of the Law Study Group 3.1

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
If you are not in line with the Will, and hence the Universe, then you are subject to the annihilatory current and the averse pentagrams. (Martial R.H.K. Mr Nasty. }))

Hmmm, so now we reach the first line that makes me uncomfortable. It seems RHK just became Jehovah, Westboro Baptist style... Do things the right way or I'll smite you down?...

Aeon418

ravenest said:
And this this is the reward ... the 'word' ?
The reward is the 5=6 attainment in Tiphareth. The Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Horus is an image, a "visible object of worship", representing that attainment.

This third chapter captures the essential spirit of the pre-Adept work. War! (TzBA = 93. Host, army.) The battle of conquest is the internal battle with the self.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
Hmmm, so now we reach the first line that makes me uncomfortable. It seems RHK just became Jehovah, Westboro Baptist style... Do things the right way or I'll smite you down?...
Lets put it this way. What happens if you insist on working against your own Will, your own Angel? The result is what we call Karma. It is those experiences, sometimes painful, that are designed to steer us back in the right direction. But it is not punishment.

Look at the path of Lamed (Adjustment - Justice), in between Solar Tiphareth and Martial Geburah. Every time we stray from the balanaced middle way of the Will, then the scales have to be re-balanced with Geburah

Aeon418

Picture the scene. Grigori in his car driving down Highway 93 to Abrahadabra City. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and everything is fine. :D Suddenly he pulls a handbrake turn and starts driving the wrong way down the road. Naturally there's a lot of on-coming traffic. Grigori grips the wheel and desparately tries to dodge the other cars. "Where the hell did all this traffic come from? Why am I being punished like this?" he yells. (Well duhh! Isn't it obvious? :rolleyes:)

Flashing lights and sirens announce the arrival of the Law. "Pull over! Thou hast no right but to do thy Will." "Turn the car around or expect the direful judgments of Ra Hoor Khuit!"

"This is so unfair!" screams Grigori. "I don't deserve to be punished like this. It's not my fault."

CRASH!

Grigori

I guess I'm always uncomfortable when people attach a measure of morality to a negative outcome. Anything that rings to the tune of "You're being punished for being bad because of the time that you..." = :mad: I guess a lot depends on who is writing the road rules. I'm more comfortable with a karmic balance which is in my understanding devoid of judgements in terms of good and evil bartered for rewards or punishments. Maybe that can be seen as accepting what is, rather than a focus on some imaginary ideal, wrapped up in a one size fits all jumpsuit.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
The reward is the 5=6 attainment in Tiphareth. The Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Horus is an image, a "visible object of worship", representing that attainment.

5=6 also makes me think of 5->6, or Geburah joined to Tipareth via Libra. I see a fitting similarity there to the idea of RHK as a composite god, Mars and Sun, and also a figurehead for HGA.

Grigori

RLG said:
Dwtw

In the Holograph MS, the first five lines of chapter three begin with the letters: AT WAR

Abraahadabra
There
word
aught
Ra-Hoor-Khuit

Note also that the first word of the chapter is misspelled, and has an extra 'a' in it.

Thanks RLG, i've not been looking at the manuscript much, a good reminder. Image for folks http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0031.html?num=45

Aeon418

Grigori said:
I guess I'm always uncomfortable when people attach a measure of morality to a negative outcome.
When did morality come into it? We're talking about the Will here. The natural orbit of your Star. You can either work with it, or against it. And if you choose the latter then you suffer the consequences until you correct your course. Karma, cause and effect - natural Law. Not some petty human concept of Justice. Isn't this why Crowley decided to rename Atu VIII Adjustment?

Aeon418

Grigori said:
5=6 also makes me think of 5->6, or Geburah joined to Tipareth via Libra. I see a fitting similarity there to the idea of RHK as a composite god, Mars and Sun, and also a figurehead for HGA.
The corresponding Hebrew letter, Lamed, is spelt Lamed - Mem - Daleth, LMD. The total value is 74. That number should be ringing Middle Pillar bells right now. ;)

Lamed is the "Ox-goad". It also means "to teach" and "to discipline". The Ox-goad is a stick to prod the Ox with to make it plough in straight lines (Middle Pillar). Everytime the Ox deviates from the Willed course it gets a Karmic prod to get it back into line. No morals, just natural Law.

Aleph - Ox - Fool.

Lamed - Ox-goad - Adjustment.

Liber AL ;)