Vargo's Gothic Daily Card

Alissa

The Sun, rev.

I love being in the Gothic forum when it's one of my too-early early mornings and it's hours of still-black outside. It comforts me.... I've been up for hours, as I so often am, resting in the all dark.

I see comfort in this card. And my day is alllll about comfort today! (I'm going to the spa all day with hubby). I see the two of us, alone, taking time to be together. The reversed aspect feels like the "retreat" mentality that we're both taking towards the weekend.

Funny, to draw this card about an hour or 2 from daybreak. I see the sun rising in the solar eclipse seen here. "Night spreads his ebon wings...." For now, for me, he is about to fold his wings in obeissance once more to her bright power.

Alissa

Ace of Cups

It brings tears to my eyes....

annik

I recently acquired that tarot. I like the artwork (it's true for all the deck I acquire). Maybe I should try to pick a card a day to familiarize with it. Does people mixes the cards before picking a card?

Alissa

Hi annik!

I often shuffle the deck (lacing style shuffle from hand to hand) a few quick times, but not always. Do as the mood inspires you, in the moment, I say! :) Hope to see more of you on the Forum and welcome!

annik

The Moon

The LWB says : the light and dark of life, secret fantaisies, dreams tainted with nightmares, a poetic abandonment of reason, joy tempered with fear.

On the picture, we see a cresent moon with 2 winged people. On my impression, a man and a woman. There is a certain feeling of sensuality to the picture, as if the two persons court each other. Makes me think of the story of Selene and Endymion.

I think it's fits my life right now. I am thinking of a change of a new set of dreams mainly in career. So it's a step into the unknown couple with a connection with what I really wish to do in a new career. It's a bit frightening because I am not sure if I will make a good choice (even if there is some things I really want to do in my future new job).

There is a certain side of creativity in the moon and a touch madness too. There is a fine line between the two. I do have a creative side, so it's great that I pick that one on my first daily card. For the madness, well, I am not but I do have a particuliar sense of humor (even if I don't think it will show up here at it's full range).

What is great is that I am more at ease using my creativity in the evening, when the night had falled.

annik

2 of pentacle

LWB: recreation and celebration, balanced against minor trouble and frustration, the arrival of news or a message.

On the card, we see an horned figure. There is a chain passing on the horn. At each en of the chain is a pentacle.

I had little trouble lately but I find I managed it quite well. The two pentacle give a feel of controled mouvement, almost like the weight in a grandfather clock. I feel it like a precarious stability. But the horned figure seems to be on guard, even with the eye closed. Maybe it more of a inner alertness.

An interesting thing : there is a crack in the background. A pentacle is on each side of the crack. Maybe it reinforcing the feeling of precarious balance? Or that the fondation start to show some age?

On some other deck, if I am not mistaken, there is a juggler with the 2 pentacles. At least, this card represent some of the mental things I am juggling right now.

Alissa

The Moon

A waking dream, one I had today upon waking. A joining together, a collaboration. She reaches for him lovingly. He watches her... intently. A unique mix, if it came to pass. The guardians at the gates listen.

I still love her foot....

Edited to add: While driving, I finally figured out what her foot "means" (to me)... a graceful approach is necessary.

annik

about the moon

And I like his wings! lol!

annik

ace of pentacle

the LWB says: material comfort and financial security, fortune and good luck, contentment, high lievels of intelligence, physical and mental well-being.

I don't totally agree with it. I am in an exciting time, yes. So it can connect with the ace. I think that the pentacle can connect with my change of career. I do have hope of having a better life.

It's the second day that I have a pentacle, so it's may be a concern I have, as a back-thought.

Well, I do hope to have good luck soon! lol!

annik

the tower

the LWB says : unexpected strife and upheaval, ruin, misery, havoc. adversity or disgrace, a sudden intervention of fate, the chance for a new beginning.

On the card, there is a castle. One tower receive a lightning bolt. The full moon is in the sky. Two gargoyle stand in what appear to be the front of the casle, each on each side of stairs. There is a ghost and a tombstones in the front.

I would had expected a more tourmented tower. But there is a certain charm about the card. There is a glitter of hope. The castle is not in ruin nor it's seem not to be affected by the lightning. The gargoyle imply, to me, a sense of keeping vigilent. The moon stimulate imagination and creativity but can lead to some madness.

We can wonder if something will happen to the ghost. It could be a photograph taken in a brief moment in time where the tension was building up.

It's have a link with what I am living (and decided to take myself in hand). But I wonder what will be the implication the tower will have for me. Something unexpected may happen... good or bad or even a mixed blessing...