Looking for 6x6 (house) spread

La Force

Okay this is a bit weird, as I was working on my lenormand deck, I took a poster board and drew a 6 x 6 cards spots, and as I worked and finished a card, I used and placed regular playing card that was associated with the lenormand in that spot.

I have no books, etc. so what makes this weird is that I drew this up out of my own head. then days after I completed my deck. which is this evening I stood standing looking down at my table at this poster board, thinking what the heck am I going to do with you? Reading here on the forum this is no mention of a spread that is 6x6. until I came across this;

Another example is the use of houses (36 position meanings). One method of using "houses" clearly derives from Lenormand's Nines or the Master Method that was first described in French in 1876(?) as a technique for playing cards using a 4x9 layout and later a 6x6 layout of positions with core meanings similar to traditional Petit Lenormand keywords. I think people LATER started using the key ideas of the cards laid out in their numerical order as house meanings. So, there are two alternate systems but it is easy to see how they are derived.

Where do I find the 6x6 layout and the position meanings, so that I can turn this poster board that I drew up into something useful, instead of throwing it out.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5927066396648106674&oid=117178249002371185284

La Force

dancing_moon

I'm only starting out with Lenormand, so others might want to correct me. :)

When people say 'houses' in Lenormand, I think they usually refer to the traditional numbering of the cards. E.g. when you lay out the cards as 6x6, the first card is 'the house of the Rider', the second card is 'the house of the Clover', etc. So, if the first one you get is, for example, the Snake, it's 'the Snake in the house of the Rider', and you interpret it as that, i.e. contacts with/messages from an intelligent woman. If the Snake is the second card, then it's 'the Snake in the house of the Clover', and it means something like a woman who gave you minor help, or a casual flirt with a woman. And so on.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Teheuti

The Master Method is found in at least a half-dozen books. In most the cards are laid out in four rows of nine (4x9). The 6x6 format appears in "The Book of Fortune Telling" by Madame Fabia. You can find it used, originally in one volume, but later paperback versions came out in two volumes. You'll want Volume 2 (if paperback): "How to Read Signs and Portents."

Other books contain the 6x6 format, but I can't take the time to go through all my books now looking for them.

The Master Method has unique meanings for each "House" or position. However, you can use a simplified meaning for the natural card that falls in each position instead.

La Force

I'm only starting out with Lenormand, so others might want to correct me. :)

When people say 'houses' in Lenormand, I think they usually refer to the traditional numbering of the cards. E.g. when you lay out the cards as 6x6, the first card is 'the house of the Rider', the second card is 'the house of the Clover', etc. So, if the first one you get is, for example, the Snake, it's 'the Snake in the house of the Rider', and you interpret it as that, i.e. contacts with/messages from an intelligent woman. If the Snake is the second card, then it's 'the Snake in the house of the Clover', and it means something like a woman who gave you minor help, or a casual flirt with a woman. And so on.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Yes thanks that is helpful.

The Master Method is found in at least a half-dozen books. In most the cards are laid out in four rows of nine (4x9). The 6x6 format appears in "The Book of Fortune Telling" by Madame Fabia. You can find it used, originally in one volume, but later paperback versions came out in two volumes. You'll want Volume 2 (if paperback): "How to Read Signs and Portents."

Other books contain the 6x6 format, but I can't take the time to go through all my books now looking for them.

The Master Method has unique meanings for each "House" or position. However, you can use a simplified meaning for the natural card that falls in each position instead.

Again thanks Mary

I found this, scroll down to Page 56, this is the Master Method of the 6x6, please check this out to verify that it is the correct one.

http://www.labirintoermetico.com/02Tarocchi/Foli_P_R_S_Fortune_Telling_by_Cards.pdf

Should this not be, I will go with what you said, "that I can use a simplified meaning for the natural card that falls in each position instead". :heart:

Sincerely

La Force

:)