The Dondorf Lenormand app

Le Fanu

All that I dreamt of.

Fool's Dog have done an app with two historic Dondorf variants. It's beautiful and comes with a historic set of instructions.

Curiously when you click on 'buy this deck' it takes you to the Game of Hope site.

I couldn't be happier. This is exactly the Lenormand deck I wanted as an app. I just bought it for iPad. You get two variants in the same app - one from the 1870s and one from the 1880s.

Bliss!

Flaxen

I've just discovered this too! So pleased to have this - it has the beautiful Dondorf pattern and the great usability of Fool's Dog apps. Love it. :)

kalliope

Yep, I agree, it's great! The selection of spreads is well-rounded, and yes, that quick 2-card draw (instead of the usual 1-card for tarot) is clever!

I like the two editions of the deck included, too: I have version 1 set on my tablet, and version 2 on my phone, so I get to see both. :) I've never bothered to enter in my own meanings in the tarot apps, but I might actually do it for this one to aid with study for GTs. I'd input tips that I want to remember, like for before/after, above/below, near/far, etc.

My only gripe is that I prefer to have the option turned on to allow me to "shuffle" the cards, but that automatically turns on the option to draw the cards yourself. When you put up a grand tableau, it's annoying to swipe 36 times to draw each card. Oh well. At first I also had it set to draw the cards face down, but then I had to click each card to turn it over, too! I've now set it to draw them face up, but I miss seeing the backs a little.

It would be wonderful to have a button to turn an entire spread face-up all at once (on the tarot apps, too!)

Tag_jorrit

Those are great ideas for functionality, kalliope. You should email those folks. You never know, they may like to implement them.

JasonLion

Kalliope, if you double-tap on the deck, it will deal all the cards remaining in the spread. The deck then gets replaced by a curved arrow icon. If you double-tap on this curved arrow, it will turn all the cards over.

kalliope

I just said thanks in the other thread, but didn't want to look like an ungrateful snot in this one. :laugh:

Although I had a feeling they were probably in there somewhere, I'm surprised I never stumbled upon the features. Sorry, and thank you!!

Le Fanu

This app is just perfect.

Why do I feel it works even better than tarot apps? A Lenormand Grand Tableau lends itself to the "app" way of reading much more than a tarot spread, I think. Not sure why but I feel this. Maybe it's because you can keep the spread intact and keep going back to it. I do this more with Lenormands than tarot. A real Grand Tableau is so cumbersome when laid out and here you can carry it around, "preserved", as it were.

Everything about this app is just gorgeous. The quality of the art reproduction is staggering. I honestly think this is the best Fool's Dog app to date. And that's saying something because they are all superb. Plus it has all the little details which suggests to me that the person behind it knows their Lenormands very well. It is not just an extension of a tarot app, it is very specifically Lenormand.

I'm so happy that my dream Lenormand app just dropped out of the heavens last night.

This could not possibly be bettered. There is no need for any other Lenormand app because this is so beautiful and does everything. Thank you, thank you, thank, Fool's Dog. :heart:

kalliope

Jason, I have another technical question, sorry! I have the Android app, and am wondering if there is a way to set the distance meanings from the "Traditional Instruction Sheet" (found in the Explore menu) as the default. I'm pretty sure I've tried every setting in the options (short meanings, full text, user then short, etc.), but I can only get the long paragraph meanings to show up.

Someone on Facebook (who uses the iOS version) mentioned that they've set their app to show the short near-far meanings and their own user-entered ones. I'd love to do the same as an aid to my Lenormand study. Have I misunderstood that other user, missed something, or is it an Android glitch?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

JasonLion

You can do that. Go to a full card display and press the menu in the top right (...) and tap on "Source of Wisdom", that will allow you to pick which book the meanings come from (Traditional or Modern).

kalliope

I hadn't ever tried the menu button while viewing the cards themselves. Thank you!