The Wild Unknown Tarot

strings of life

Posting via iPhone, so this post will be short, but the art has a shamanistic feel like the Ironwing.

Eagerly awaiting the mid-November arrival date :).

Chiriku

I like the judicious use of (vibrant) color, adding just enough of a touch of magic to the inky dark-on-light.

The hand-lettering of the titles is a particularly good one, too.

Hemera

What an interesting deck!
But I haven´t seen any wolves so I guess I´m safe?

Bhavana

I should be getting mine on wednesday, will let you know :)

great! thanks!

You folks have to stop doing this to me!!
I have a very limited budget right now and I cannot be buying ALL of these amazing decks you keep showing me!

Ha ha - welcome to my world!
This website has been the cause of many a dollar leaving my hands!

baylys

Ha ha - welcome to my world!
This website has been the cause of many a dollar leaving my hands!

I need to set up a proper shopping/saving list, so that as I get $X together, I can tick another deck off. Unfortunately decks will go onto the list faster than I can tick them off.

*Wanders off repeating mantra "Must win lotto, must win lotto!"*

GrailSidhe

I like the judicious use of (vibrant) color, adding just enough of a touch of magic to the inky dark-on-light.

The hand-lettering of the titles is a particularly good one, too.

Totally.. That 3 of Wands card, the Star... wow..

Terrapin

**In all, the promotional campaign across different platforms (their site, their blog, their partner shops' sites) conveys the tacit message: "Buy this tarot deck and you will be part of The Wild Unknown lifestyle--the music, the clothing and jewelry choices, the cabin in the woods where artisan beers are consumed during improptu summer evening performances by fashionably folksy-alternative musical ensembles." ** (quote Chiriku)

I totally agree with your assessment of the marketing of this deck Chiriku. You've totally nailed it. Especially like the clever artisan beers bit! Insightful observations. I wish I could state these thoughts as eloquently as you have. There is a marketed hipness associated with this product that is self conscious and a little cynical in a way--you know, "...you too could be this cool."

But I think from reading your subsequent posts you might agree (if I may be so bold) as do I and others I'm sure: art takes on a larger life than its creator or its impresario(s). This deck looks really honest and beautiful in a very respectful tarot-way. Stripped down and knowing in a moving, quiet kind of way. What simple truth in the cards I've seen posted. (What a fantastic 3 of cups.) Pretty awesome. Congratulations to this artist named Kim.

Peace.