Amber Jayanti's "Living the Tarot"

Lee

I don't have this book, but was considering getting it (there's a new, very inexpensive edition recently published). Does anyone have any thoughts pro or con about this book as an introduction to Qabala-oriented Tarot?

Thanks --
Lee

amyel

Lee, you have a PM.

Pollux

I hope Kiama will include this in her book shopping for me, if she finds it useful enough...*sidenote for Kiama ;)*

AMYEL SHARE WITH US TOO!!! :D

jema

i recently got this book and haven't read so much of it yet - but i really like what i have read so far!
i plan on using it a lot these next months.

jmd

The book is essentially an exposition of BOTA's version of the Golden Dawn understanding of Tarot.

If your interests are in that direction, then it is very worthwhile. If not, then it is only, at best, a book worth having if one wishes to know about those associations, mixed with some quite insightful general psychological comments.

amyel

Pollux said:
I hope Kiama will include this in her book shopping for me, if she finds it useful enough...*sidenote for Kiama ;)*

AMYEL SHARE WITH US TOO!!! :D
Well, as I told Lee, I started to read it, and found it interesting, but never practiced it. It has been a long time since I have cracked it open, and it is currently in a box in my basement as we are renovating said basement, but I also recall that it dealt with only the majors. I suppose this makes sense if you believe in the majors as "the big life lessons".

I'm sorry, I really can't say much more about it. It was one of those books I bought when I was newer to tarot and was looking for ways to incorporate it into my life more. Unfortunately, I am not an academic - much more action oriented - so I never really took time with it.

Laurel

I've kept my copy around, but it hasn't ever overwhelmed me. Its a user-friendly and sincere book, not where I'd personally start a formal study program but still a pleasant read.