Does anyone do readings for their pets?

DeLani

I've read for my cats before - for an interfeline issue between my older male and a newcomer female. The Empress came up for her, and I figured that meant she was pregnant, and sure enough...
Now you've all got me wanting to do another reading...one of the kitties she had absolutely latched onto me - he's SOOO affectionate with me, wants me to hold him all the time, not put him down, he kisses me on the mouth (yeah, I know, yuck), he's got to be near me always. Is he supposed to be my familiar?
Well, I know what reading I'm doing tonight... But I'm using the "Spirit Guide Spread" (I'm sorry I don't remember who posted it!).

Necromancer

yes

the moment i saw this i put it in my tarot book and i'm 13 and my dog demon is my baby girl and i always wished she could talk this is the next best. o i also did it for my sisters cat bobcat.

Kit

Why not read for your pets. Cats are people too!

Trogon

Raeven said:
Why not read for your pets. Cats are people too!
LOL... I'd be willing to bet that a lot of cats would disagree with you on that one Raeven... cats think they're much better than people... :D

I'm going to be doing a reading for my female Lhasa Apso (you can see her in my Four of Cups from the Second Aeclectic Tarot Project). She's been getting kind of grumpy around the other 2 dogs (both Bichon Frise's) for a while. Hopefully I'll get some good insight here. The spread posted at the beginning of this thread is the one I'll be using.

cartarum

yes.. i do

i do read occasionally for my pets. you can use the moon as a signifactor.

Sillanza

I only read for my cat of 20 years once. His body was just about worn out. I always felt I could communicate with him, but I wanted to know how he felt about being with me all those years and if he knew the hard choice I was now faced with. I found that he had enjoyed his life, and he was ready to go onto the next plane. It was a positive experience, and made taking the next step a little easier. :(

ambermoon

Sort of. I read about situations involving my cat, and about situations that affect us both--like her destroying all my windowscreens and how to help her keep from doing that again. I'll have to dig up my notes from the reading on the windowscreen issue. It gave me some good ideas.

I remember it began with her current situation being The Fool. That told me that she was just doing what she felt like doing without any forethought or malice. She was just enjoying the texture of the screens and not thinking about the consequences.

ambermoon

SittingIdiot

What Cannonball says

I made this up, but I tried it on my Basset Hound and it was fun:

R-ear L-ear
Tail 2 Muzzle
Tail 1 Collar
B o d y 2 B o d y 1
Leg Leg Leg Leg
4 3 2 1

[I used "the body" cards horizontally, the "tail" cards out at an angle, everything else as upright/protrait position]

Legs - what supports your pet now.
2 rear; basic, established support; 2 front, immediate support that directs current behavior
Body - the essential domestic affairs, the territory, what your pet understands of its essential domain.
Tails - what balances your pet; the spirit and soul of the pet
Muzzle - what you pet is trying to tell you (what it sees, smells, wants to call out)
Ears - what you pet hopes & needs to hear, longs for, its secret wishes
(Alternately?, R = What it hopes to hear; L = what it does hear)
Collar - leadership your pet needs from you

[The reading says that Cannonball, my hound guy, wants me to get over my distractions and pay more attention to him like I used to - collar was 5 cups, i.e., get over it; ears were World and 3Wands, he wants the world but will settle for a little more excitment, vision & travel/walks on my part]

firecatpickles

Yes, I read for my pets! They cannot talk to tell us what's wrong with them, so I think it is important. This is one of the most useful purposes of tarot, I think...

K:spade:K

SarahRose

It's on my to do list! I definitely want to read about my dog.