I want a new deck, what should I get?

Morwenna

If you like fairies, as far as I'm concerned the top of the line is the Victorian Fairy. :heart:

And another vote for the Pagan Cats! If you prefer cats in a more naturalistic setting, though, try Cat's Eye. Both read extremely well.

nisaba

Same with gregory. I mean, a metallic Marseille? You dont say.

I have one of those. Its wrapper makes it look a lot like a family-sized block of chocolate. It's bee-ootiful. But I can't remember *which* original Marseille it is (all blinged up), and I'm at some distance from my collection, so I can't just stroll into the next room and look at it.

But I will tell you this: it's stunning. And works well.

Marcus R

Sorry to disappoint Gregory, it's a LoS Visconti Sforza. Talked it up a bit too much I s'pose, (devilishly enabling the innocent). It is blinding because I usually read by lamplight, certain angles hit the eye. Just got the deck out of the storage box and disappointed to see it's warped. Not too keen on the backs either.
I actually like my trimmed 1760 Conver plastic repro much better.
Jyllim and Nisaba have a lot of much nicer TdMs, they can devilishly enable too.

JylliM

I wonder if Nisaba was thinking of the Golden Wirth grand trumps...I remember enabling her on that one. It was easy - she saw gold sparkles and went weak at the knees :laugh:

EmpyreanKnight

A beautiful Marseille, I have an Italian gold foil, it's blinding. There are better out there.

Sorry to disappoint Gregory, it's a LoS Visconti Sforza.

Oh. I also have the Lo Scarabeo Visconti Tarots, and I agree that with all that gold foil, it is nothing short of breath-taking.

Just a question tho: do you guys consider the Visconti as a kind of Marseille or vice versa? I have always classed the Visconti decks as separate from the Marseille, not only because of their provenance, but because some argue that the original Visconti has six court cards. The arrangements of some pips also differ, and while I've not delved into the Marseille at all, I believe this is important for some readers? I might be mistaken tho.

EmpyreanKnight

I have one of those. Its wrapper makes it look a lot like a family-sized block of chocolate. It's bee-ootiful. But I can't remember *which* original Marseille it is (all blinged up), and I'm at some distance from my collection, so I can't just stroll into the next room and look at it.

But I will tell you this: it's stunning. And works well.

Now this is mighty interesting, nisaba. Do tell us what it is when you get ahold of it, alright? :laugh:

Akitablue

So I just got the Golden Universal Tarot in the mail right now and OMG I am IN LOVE with it!!! I love how they feel and look and ugh they are just gorgeous. I dont even want the Wizard Tarot ones now. The Wizard one is really big and the card stock is not very good. I guess it will sit on my shelf as a "maybe one day I'll use you" lol...Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful suggestions xoxo

nisaba

I wonder if Nisaba was thinking of the Golden Wirth grand trumps...I remember enabling her on that one.

No I wasn't - I don't think of that as a Marseille.

Although it's another good choice of historical deck that's rich with gold.

It was easy - she saw gold sparkles and went weak at the knees :laugh:

<thinking dreamily of women> I'm so easily tempted ...