The Cartomancy Study Thread

baconwaffles

I apologize for intervening here, please let me know and I'll delete this comment if it isn't appropriate, but may I join in on these monthlys? I love reading playing cards and could use the practice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

zhadee

I apologize for intervening here, please let me know and I'll delete this comment if it isn't appropriate, but may I join in on these monthlys? I love reading playing cards and could use the practice.

hi baconwaffles, please feel welcome & join in! :party:

I'm still undecided how to count the twelve nights because of the many variations. Last year, I started to pull my oracle cards on the 21st, paused each sunday and continued pulling cards until the 5th of January.
This version of "Sacred Days of Yule" starts on the 21st of December, pauses during the holidays and sundays, ending on the 6th of January. This way I pulled 13 x 3 cards, valid from each new moon to the next.

12 new moons 2017:
(29.12.2016)
saturday, 28.01.2017
sunday, 26.02.2017
tuesday, 28.03.2017
wednesday, 26.04.2017
thursday, 25.05.2017
saturday, 24.06.2017
sunday, 23.07.2017
monday, 21.08.2017
wednesday, 20.09.2017
thursday, 19.10.2017
saturday, 18.11.2017
monday, 18.12.2017

I found another, less complicated method of counting the 'sacred days', which includes also a motto for each month. The counting starts at 0.00 each night:

December 24 to 25.12.2016 = January 2017 (basics)
December 25 t o 26.12.2016 = February 2017 (inner voice, inner guidance, higher self)
December 26 to 27 2016 = March 2017 (heart opening, allow miracles)
December 27 to 28 2016 = April 2017 (resolution of blocking)
December 28 to 29 2016 = May 2017 (day of the children) (friendship)
December 29 to 30 2016 = June 2017 (Adjustment)
December 30 to 31 2016 = July 2017 (preparation for the coming)
December 31 to January 01 2017 = August 2017 (birth of the new year)
January 01 to 02 2017 = September 2017 (blessing, wisdom)
January 02 to 03 2017 = October 2017 (connection, visions, inspirations)
January 03 to 04 2017 = November 2017 (let go, say goodbye)
January 04 to 05 2017 = December 2017 (Cleaning, Transformation)

baconwaffles

I haven't completely read through the thread, working on it. Is this the current spread or reading suggestion for the playing cards? Thank you for letting me jump in by the way!

zhadee

I haven't completely read through the thread, working on it. Is this the current spread or reading suggestion for the playing cards? Thank you for letting me jump in by the way!

In the post above you find the working suggestion for the Juletide's Monthlies 2017.
Throughout this thread, we've tested several spreads and methods.

As the year's coming to an end, I've already created a new cartomancy study thread, which should be based on the Juletide's Monthlies. Find it here.

CosmicBeing

May I ask y'all what are your views of king of :spade: it gets such a bad status just like the king of swords in tarot? (at least what I have seen from people)

If it is not to represent a person... what else could it represent?

baconwaffles

May I ask y'all what are your views of king of [emoji812]: it gets such a bad status just like the king of swords in tarot? (at least what I have seen from people)

If it is not to represent a person... what else could it represent?
Well, all I base my card meanings are kn Jackson's Hedgwitchery method, ummm, I know she says kings can be either people or symbols of power. Perhaps tied to the spade which is troubles that plague ever one, unavoidable, then maybe king of spades could be power to inflict trouble, or pain, depending on what is around the card of course as they would be read in twos or threes. I hope I make sense... Those are my two cents[emoji4] .

CosmicBeing

Well, all I base my card meanings are kn Jackson's Hedgwitchery method, ummm, I know she says kings can be either people or symbols of power. Perhaps tied to the spade which is troubles that plague ever one, unavoidable, then maybe king of spades could be power to inflict trouble, or pain, depending on what is around the card of course as they would be read in twos or threes. I hope I make sense... Those are my two cents[emoji4] .

Thanx, So you don't see any positive with it.

King of spades I thought of maybe a surgeon, a lawyer, a very serious/stern person.

it's the last week of my 15 card spread.... I have no clue what it is yet. There was this guy that messaged me maybe 2 days ago that I haven't really spoken to in 4 years because we only went on 2 or 3 dates...there was no chemistry. I don't think I am going to respond. I have too much on my plate and I don't want to get drawn into something I have no interest in. plus why after 4 years...kinda weird to still have my phone number.

surrounded by 10 of clubs and 9 of diamonds (k:spade: following the 10 and proceeding the 9)... which are very positive cards. 10 of clubs being completion & satisfaction and 9 of diamonds being like content, peace, relaxation.

Really no clue what it is....but my tea leave cards picked up a similar theme....I hope the king of spades is not a virus lol

baconwaffles

Thanx, So you don't see any positive with it.

King of spades I thought of maybe a surgeon, a lawyer, a very serious/stern person.

it's the last week of my 15 card spread.... I have no clue what it is yet. There was this guy that messaged me maybe 2 days ago that I haven't really spoken to in 4 years because we only went on 2 or 3 dates...there was no chemistry. I don't think I am going to respond. I have too much on my plate and I don't want to get drawn into something I have no interest in. plus why after 4 years...kinda weird to still have my phone number.

surrounded by 10 of clubs and 9 of diamonds (k[emoji812]: following the 10 and proceeding the 9)... which are very positive cards. 10 of clubs being completion & satisfaction and 9 of diamonds being like content, peace, relaxation.

Really no clue what it is....but my tea leave cards picked up a similar theme....I hope the king of spades is not a virus lol
Well I don't think king of spades is virus. But for the cards you pulled the 10 as completion and it beings clibs which is work and doing, and the opposite card being 9 of diamonds which can also mean lots of mental activity, as diamonds, as I see them at least in accordance with hedgwitchery method, can apply to mental activity, exchange, as one exchanges money, plans ahead, saves and what not. These two with the king in the middle I would say that you definitely have a lot of work and activity going on and the king looks to be interrupting this activity as the year is closing. The king of spades can be a symbol of distraction or derailment of power, agency. I mean if you are not reading him as a person. The queen reveal lies and deceit, like a warning, in the case of spades. Of course depending on your question.