Oracle cards vs Tarot Cards

ghost271

I just got into a couple oracle decks this past year. To say that the energy, mechanic, and way they speak to me is amazing would be an understatement. Dont get me wrong. I love Tarot, but when i want a pinpoint answer to a specific question without the need for any real interpretation, my Wisdom of the Hidden Realms cant be beat. When i read the Tarot its like looking at and deciphering little scenes, and then editing those scenes into a feature film that flows and makes sense to the querent.
Go with what draws you to them and feels good to you. That will work best.

Princess Judy

I use both, depending on my needs.

Oracles don't usually work very well for big spreads, but are great for 'simple' questions, to reflect or meditate on, or if you want to pick a card for the day.

They're also great for studying certain subjects: want to learn more about angels, crystals, chakra's, animal or plant medicine, or whatever? Just pick an oracle accordingly.
And no, a tarot deck in angel style isn't the same as an oracle deck that is focused on different kinds of angels, their angelic qualities, and how to call upon them, for example.

I find tarot great for complex multiple card readings: to gain insight in myself, projects, choices, relationships or a certain situation. Especially if I want to see things in a bigger perspective with future, past, possible outcomes etc.