Reading to converse with the Dead?

DestroyTheHuman

ee

Meatbox sounds like he's up to something naughty. :D

If you want to know what that chant means try typing it in a search engine to find a translation. Try including the book he mentioned, or ask him what it means.

You are right tho, i wouldn't go about chanting something competley foriegn

Alta

I found it

I did put it into a Search Engine and got a page:
http://www.realm-of-shade.com/booksofmoses/semiphoras.html

Embedded is this:
The third Semiphoras, in which Adam spoke with the spirits of the departed, and inquired of them, who gave him satisfactory answers upon the word, **Adonay Sabaoth, cadas adonay amara**; these words must be uttered when you wish to collect winds, spirits, or demons, Aly, Adoy, Sabaoth, amara.

(I added the stars... have not figured out how to bold things or change colours)

DestroyTheHuman

Well that seems legit. But how do you know you are talking to the dead or demons? :.

lunalafey

The cards I drew would not have given the message that they did if it was communicating with demons.
Besides I don't believe in them. The cards I drew HAD to be from the dead man I addressed. The first card was hardcore conformation.(check the link in this thread)

Alta

lunalafey, I think DestroyTheHuman was talking about the chant from the Book of Moses that mb666 suggested as an alternative solution. He didn't mean that you could have speaking with a demon in the cards you drew. I did read your thread and I think you are right.

Scorpion

Hi, Lightlike!

I haven't tried to do this for myself but the second time I read publicly (at a charity evening, thank goodness, as the pressure to perform is not so intense!) I asked a young man whether he had a question and he said he wanted a reading from his grandfather as this gentleman had had a very unusual life. As it was the first time anybody had asked this, I was completely thrown and made a bit of a mess of the reading, although the querent confirmed that the cards had come out perfectly - his grandfather had fought in both World Wars (which was my first thought, but I dismissed it on the basis that it was too easy - my own grandfather lived through both) - in particular, he felt the 9 Swords represented the 9 battles his grandfather had fought in. Fortunately I was able to send him on to a medium who was also attending.

In a reading for a friend of a friend who I'd never met before, her mother came through clearly - right down to what I thought they'd put on her grave (the King of Wands' sceptre turned into a flat-backed vase - the sort you'd put on a garden wall perhaps - containing dried flowers). It turned out it went in the coffin with her, but I'll accept that!

I have recently been asked by a friend to see what I can get from a picture of her son. What I didn't know at the time was that he'd died suddenly while still a baby - she's got another son now and it could have been him as she's never mentioned this one. When I saw the picture I was confused - I've never met her child, but I knew it wasn't him. There was something about the frame that was like looking at him in a casket. I also sort of knew immediately it was his heart - almost as if she'd told me. I didn't say anything at all at the time. I sat with the photo and after a while I decided to try with some cards. From the first, I felt compelled to use the Inner Child deck, but as I don't particularly like working with that deck due to the size and the fact that I'm not very keen on the artwork, I made a conscious decision to try one of the others instead, which meant I had to go downstairs. I got to the landing and couldn't get any further! I moved one way, then the other - so in the end I gave in and collected the Inner Child from the next room. I asked "if you could say one thing to your mum, what would it be?". I shuffled as best I could and cut once - out popped the Earth Child. Those of you who have this deck will know that this card features a baby floating in the universe, looking up at the earth. The immediate thing about this for me was the big red heart literally standing out of the baby's chest. My first thought was "some sort of problem with his heart" but then I dismissed this, cos it was so obvious to me. So I put it down to him sending all his love to his parents but also queried whether there was a heart problem. His mum confirmed that she'd always suspected it, but never known for sure.

So yes, I believe it can be done and I hope to concentrate more on this sort of reading as I believe it can be a part of the healing process for the client.

meatbox666

6 and 7th books of Moses are correct.

The first chant I gave is to converse with the deceased.

It surely works for me.

I have used the second chant
"Aly Adoy Sabaoth amara" when making seals.....the Goetia seals..then I insert the Goetia spirits name at the end of the chant................
Whoa...........talking about results.................
The chants are veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy effective..for me that is. I just thought to give someone a way to communicate with the dead........immediately.

Lightlike

Thank you meatbox666 but I don't think the chants are necessary for me... I can use the cards to talk to my grandma without chants.

Kiama

Lightlike said:
Thank you meatbox666 but I don't think the chants are necessary for me... I can use the cards to talk to my grandma without chants.

I think I agree here with this... Chants are all fine and dandy, but my question is, why do we have to say them in some foreign and arcana language, and why do they have to have some link to some mystical book or teaching? I work it fine just saying, Hey Granny! I wanna talk to ya! (Although in a more respectful and poetic tone! :p) I think if somebody did want to use a chant to talk to the dead using the cards, any chant would do it: A chant is merely a statement of what you want to do, and thus, any words will succeed...

Kiama