General Oracles Study Group Week 4

DragonFae

Week Four: Collage the Card
This week we are going to focus on one card. Shuffle the deck, feel its texture as you do. Select a card. This week you are going to do an art activity involving this card...it can be collage, sketching, painting or any thing of an artistic nature. Creating taps into a whole different part of you.

If you decide to do collage:

Find three or four magazines and flip through the pages thinking about your card. Are there images or words that seem to “jump out” at you that might be related to this card? Quickly cut or tear them out. Do not think about them at this point. If you do not have magazines look for images on line that you can print. Later create a collage with these images and words. Display it alongside the card for at least a few days so you can look at it and reflect.

You might find it useful to use the SoulCollage format (after you do the collage or art):

Who are you?

I am the one who....

What do you have to give me?

I give you.....

What do you want from me?

I want.....

Is there anything else you have to say to me today?

My message is.....

You can see an example of the format:

http://thecreativespiritginger.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-princess-card.html

A different way to do this activity is to sketch or paint and write about your card but use images and not just words! Perhaps write a poem about the card and add a picture.

Post here about what you learned through the collage/art process about this particular card. How did it speak to you?

Rosie_0801

I think I'm supposed to be learning something here. *glare*

I picked the same card again: 15- Orchid- Unbridled Eroticism.

Are you going to laugh at me or flunk me? :p

(No, really. I'll have a go at this one. I can't do vision quests, but when art is required I am often visited by the Muse of Embroidery Designs. I have a corner of a picture forming already.)

P.S. I had a gorgeous new Oracle deck appear in the mail on Friday, the Oracle of the Dreamtime. I clearly have a love-hate relationship with the Flowers of Love deck I'm using for this study group, but I think my Dreamtime deck and I will bond. It's very, very nice. For this little Aussie anyway. :)

DragonFae

LOL...there are no coincidences in life...this card has a message for you! Good luck in understanding it.... :)

krystalkitty

ooh I have the boar.. Looking forward to working on this card.. and this task...

DragonFae

My card is #30 The Laume...it's a card I don't get too often and one that I'd really like to explore more...

I plan on doing collage and maybe the soulcollage...I am the one....exercise with it. Will see what time allows...busy week....as always.

Rosie_0801

Yeah, the message is it sucks to be single at Beltane:p

Now, what's a Laume?

DragonFae

You can see my collage of the Laume:

http://lenormandquest.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-laume-collage.html

I think the most profound thing that came into my mind when doing this exercise is the idea....that by also allowing ourselves to RECEIVE from others we are also giving them a precious gift...the gift of GIVING....we allow them to experience this and it is a treasure. So while we may get great joy out of giving unconditionally we must also consider the other side...receiving freely.

Rosie_0801

Nicely done, Dragonfae.

I plotted my project yesterday and my brother is coming for an art project day today, so I should get most of it done. Surprisingly, it is not an embroidery design.

DragonFae

Can't wait to see it!! :)