The Enchanted Map: 12 Slow and Steady

Aivli

Hello!

I recently purchased the Enchanted Map Oracle app for my iPad. I stumbled across image on card 12- Slow and Steady, and immediately had to have to have the deck.

For the past year I've really been drawn to images of snails (all kinds, illustrated and photographs, land snails, sea snails, etc...) and they just seem to pop up frequently. I kind of see them as a metaphor or symbol for slowing down and being more present and aware in my life; savoring my life instead of just going through it. Snails have no choice, they are so close to the ground, they are up close and personal with their surroundings; they have to feel and see and smell everything they move over. When, necessary, they retreat into their shells.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this deck/app!

Aivli

Intuitively, this card for me means nearly exactly what the card meaning says. For the past year I've really been drawn to images of snails (all kinds, illustrated and photographs, land snails, sea snails, etc...) and they just seem to pop up frequently. I see them as a metaphor or symbol or reminder for slowing down and being more present, aware, and mindful in my life; really savoring my life instead of just getting through it, and going through every day mindlessly. For me, I think that's the key to slowing down time.

Snails have no choice, they are so close to the ground, they are up close and intimate with their surroundings; they have to feel and see and smell everything they move over. As slow as they can seem, they do move at a steady pace! When, necessary, they retreat into their shells to rest. I love the image on this card!