Cosmic Tarot - Four of Pentacles

tink27

This is such an interesting card, far from the familiar 4 of Pentacles seen in RWS and other decks. http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/pents/fourofpents.html

Four interconnected pentacles are framed on the wall with the Capricorn emblem in the middle. It seems we are in an office of this man who holds a responsible position . It seems this gentleman has a good head as far as money goes…..he seems to have achieved honor and recognition for his work. A sharp minded businessman with a very comfortable lifestyle! The symbol of the Sun dons the pocket of his white jacket representative of what this card is in astrology, Sun in Capricorn.

The main colors here are blue, green and brown. Interestingly, the office is missing one wall, giving us an outside view of the surrounding area. Impressive indeed! Behind the man are a few collectibles, books, a decorated vase and what looks like an antique phone. One red flower (not sure of the name) stands upright on its own.

This man is projecting a serious powerful image here, seen by the girl who seems intimidated by his hard gaze. He certainly seems to be asserting his thoughts, opinions and viewpoints in a forceful way! He seems firm as to where he stands and with his cool and calculating ways and lets others know it! I bet if I worked for him, he’d work my buns off….and if I didn’t meet his expectations….ohh I’d have to answer directly to him!!!!

Is this young woman asking for loan, has she experienced a loss of some kind? It’s looks as though she hasn’t had an easy life and material security seems very important to her right now. She strikes me as extremely sensitive…intuitive, and already has an idea of this gentleman’s thoughts. Perhaps the biggest obstacle she faces is her own self-doubt. Her lack of confidence, shown in her face, could indicate to this man she will unlikely carry her idea through.

Has opportunity knocked and she’d like to take advantage of it…but she needs assistance or help from this accomplished person, or is he an entrepreneur perhaps? Entrepreneurs do not throw away money easily! All thoughts and ideas must be brought to the table and with some proof it will materialize into big profits!!

I also think this man needs not only a peaceful area to work but a beautiful one too. He’s works around the clock, so if you’re interested in him, be happy to seem him when he calls you….and don’t bother calling him, he won’t answer!

tink

paradoxx

There is a telephone on the shelf behind the man and a car outside the window. This man is a businessm, a banker, a financer, and a power broker, the woman is there to get a loan, an offer, or advice. He is explaining the reality of the situation (say a loan) to the woman who is in a position of having to agree with the terms presented to achieve her greater goal.

star-lover

Tink that's the image I got too - a boss sitting in his plush office - I see those coins on the wall displayed like that as all the degrees and diplomas he has attained and he wants to show everyone they're his

status and achievement are important to him which might make him a bit unapproachable to some people

he is very well groomed and likes nice things but is a bit old fashioned and stuffy/stiff - take a look at his clothes, the traditionally styled mantlepiece and that old fashioned cieling light - he does things by the book and relies on the security of the tried and trusted things

he looks like the kind of man who would take an hour in thebathroom to get ready *just so* lol - she is more casual and modern looking

and here it seems he is reprimanding his worker and she is not happy at all - she even looks like she is pouting and a bit angry

He's critical of her or at least she has not done some work she was supposed to - its hard to tell - but theres definitely an uncomfortable tension and atmosphere here

I get a feeling of eliteness with this card - he is elite and she is lowlier - he's the big boss and she's the worker and its something he revels in

I dont get on too well with this card in readings - can never come up with much to say

Papageno

I've always interpreted the woman in that card as one of his "posessions", just like the antique vase in the background. she has never come across to me as an employee. my instincts have always screamed "mistress" or "trophy wife".

this is a picture of a man of cold business acumen. one who accumulates and gets what he wants and never let's go.

star-lover

I'll definitely go along with the *trophy* idea

And perhaps the split in the card between the inside of the house/office and the outside is saying - this is what goes on behind closed doors - he is different inside in private to what he is outside in public

in private he is a bit of a control freak and people don't always know that -
2 different personas

Seems he treats his nearest and dearest in the same way as he would treat a business rival or someone he was doing a deal with - just out for person gain and what they can get for themselves - so i guess it goes back to a traditional meaning in other decks of selfishness

Moonbow

So glad you said that trismegistus.

I have always got the impression of something seedy about this card, as though he is looking her over and she hangs her head in embarassment, but she is not in the position to pull him up on it and stand her ground. It's as though he has some power over her. I have an instant dislike of this man.

tink27

star-lover said:
I see those coins on the wall displayed like that as all the degrees and diplomas he has attained and he wants to show everyone they're his

Goodness I didn't see this star-lover! Spot on!

star-lover said:
take a look at his clothes, the traditionally styled mantlepiece and that old fashioned cieling light - he does things by the book and relies on the security of the tried and trusted things

I love your thoughts on this! I also see this as being pinned down with details, of resistance and tension and of building a character on the straight and narrow (same as doing things by the book). I wonder what would happen if he were suddenly thrown out of his comfort zone, how would he react then?

trismegistus said:
I've always interpreted the woman in that card as one of his "posessions", just like the antique vase in the background. she has never come across to me as an employee. my instincts have always screamed "mistress" or "trophy wife".

Interesting analogy trismegistus! Definitely another aspect that applies to this card.

Looking at the girl I can't help thinking, 'we cannot fix what we are not willing to face'.

tink :love:

Papageno

tink27 said:
Interesting analogy trismegistus! Definitely another aspect that applies to this card.

Looking at the girl I can't help thinking, 'we cannot fix what we are not willing to face'.

tink :love:

h m m m m. yes. cannot fix what we're not wiling to face. in this context the Cosmic 4 pentacles easily applies to a reading for someone who is in the postion of the woman in that card. "you are trapped" "you have made yourself a commodity" "live with it or fix it"
thanks for bringing this to my mind. very valuable insight.

Myrrha

Like most of the low-numbered Minor Arcana cards in the Cosmic Tarot, the Thoth image is contained in this card. The picture on the wall is almost a schematic diagram of the Thoth card. In that deck the image is of a fortress with four strong watchtowers. It gives an impression of impregnability and power over resources. The title of the card is Power and the astrological attribution is Sun in Capricorn

This is one of the cards that sometimes seems too concrete and specific to me. The Thoth image is more ambiguous and easier to read as a positive card. I can’t really see the Cosmic Four of Pentacles except in terms of the abuse of power. Something about the way the young woman has her head ducked submissively and the look in the man’s eye suggests this. He holds the strings, or she thinks he does. (Unless the shoe is on the other foot and she’s playing him with that meek act, but that is still a story about power.)

You can see the symbol of the Sun on the man’s pocket and the Capricorn symbol in the background picture. The Sun represents a strong sense of self and a desire to be honored and recognized. Lilly says the Sun brings "a kind of itching desire to Rule and Sway where he comes". Capricorn is an earth sign, and represents success in the material world but an inability to see beyond the material. Capricorn is an ordinary placement for the Sun, it is not an especially well or an especially ill dignified placement (this is acording to the older ideas of astrology where some placements were considered especially favorable or detrimental). Sun in Capricorn suggests authority, power, or the ambition to be in a position of authority. A typical attitude for this placement is to value things, situations, people, for what they can give you or do for you rather than for their own sakes.

If this card comes up in an advice position could it be advising me to take this attitude? Does that Sun in Capricorn attitude always equal abuse of power or could it be appropriate in some situations? I wish the image was a little more balanced. I wonder if this is showing the concept of authoritative power in a negative light because of the social attitudes of the 1970's.