Konraad's Past Life Spread pt. 1

Thirteen

Jewel said:

Well Thirteen I have not gotten a chance to do this yet, and I am still in a quandry about what deck to use ~frowns~. Something keeps telling me I need a multicultural deck for this ... I sort of want to do it with my Cosmic Tribe deck (that deck and I really understand each other), but I am still debating whether I should use the World Spirit or Ancestral Path.

Cosmic Tribe, definately! I've used Ancestral path with this spread and it's not bad--and I suspect World Spririt would be all right, too, but Cosmic tribe--I think it would really tap into the past life there. Especially if you and that deck really understand each other. Remember, you're reading for your (?) past life, so pick a deck that knows you.

Very interested to learn how everyone's reading went!

Jewel

Okies then Cosmic Tribe it is ... and in all honesty Thirteen, of the 60+ decks I have I have never had a deck speak to me like the Cosmic Tribe does. As soon as I can get the spread done I will post my results. Thanks for your help!

Kaz

Here is my spread, did it for myself, so it's about me. I used Robin Wood deck.

Throne 1:
………………….Ace Cups
Moon - Empress - Hanged Man - High Priestess
………………….Magician

Ace of Cups indicates a childhood of love and pleasure, as far I remember this is indeed the case.
I was a creative kid, always “making” things, physically as well as mentally, and I was quite dedicated in whatever I did (magician). On the other hand I was very much turned within myself as well (HP). In a way I was always different from my friends, I had other points of view about things, did things differently (THM). The Empress puzzled me first, she could be my mom, but thinking back this does not really apply. My mom and dad both worked fulltime, so I think this card tells me I had to be my own mom and take care of myself, which I did. The Moon tells me I walked my path on my own and had to be carefull to stay on and get where I wanted and get things done. Bec had some great explanation about the dog and the wolf, I could be either one of those, hope you post it…..

Throne 2:
...................Ace Pents
Fool - Emperor - Justice - Hermit

Ace of Pents indicates a favorable career.
What I really want in work is doing something on my own, no bosses bossing me around, doing things I love to do, but those don’t give me food and a house to live (hermit). I am trying finding a balance in my life where I can have it both, and some decisions I made earlier have their effects now. I left my highly paid stressfull ICT job after 5 years and I have a relaxed non-important low-paying bank job now, this gives me the possibility to have a life where I can do things for myself as well (justice). The emperor is definately my dad, telling me to have a career and don’t waist my education and my brains on doing “stupid” jobs. I have always been the fool jobwise, I have been doing so many different things I can’t count them anymore, and I don’t care “waisting” my education an brains, I use them for things I do find important and worthwhile.
So favorable, hmm, depends on how you see that. I think it's favorable now for me as person, but not money and career-wise.

Throne 3:
...................Ace Wands
World - Death - Chariot - Lovers
....................Devil

Ace of Wands indicates conflicts in “love and marriage”
Oh, boy how true this is …….
OK, here we go, sigh…..
The devil is me being chained to something, the “shoulds” I chain myself with. And also me being chained by letting myself be care-less about this relation. I don’t care about it anymore, letting myself slip into a sort of lethargy, so I chain myself, holding myself back.
The lovers is about choices, and definitely having made the wrong one, creating disharmony and repressed emotions here, with an incompatible partner.
The chariot indicates me having lost control over my emotions, I don’t feel them anymore coz I don’t care about the situation.
Death is my old friend, here he won’t come to rescue, though I always count on him to do. He indicates a need to change in this relation (ending it), he also tells me I fear this (as Bec told me yesterday, don’t be a whimp in this), I need to let go ……Good thing about him turning up in this throne: it DOES indicate major change.
So that leaves the World, telling about ending a cycle and starting a new one.

Throne 4:
.....................................Ace Swords
Hierophant - Temperance - Star - Strength - Tower - Sun - Judgment - Wheel

Ace of Swords indicates GREAT power in past life, affecting present.
This was a really hard line-up to read, I can’t remember very well what came out of this one, I hope Bec still remembers.

Kaz

Thirteen

Hey, Kaz! You didn't finish. And it was just getting interesting ;) No really. I've done this spread for others but seeing someone else do it really shows what an interesting spread it is. It's a pretty exciting page-turner, isn't it? We got chapter 1 there--the childhood. Do we get career, love-life and past life?

Looks like career has been splendid, love-life quarrelsome, and past life...powerful.

From what little I'm seeing, it would seem that career is one where you are very much in control--I'm betting you're the wise hermit who everyone consults, who passes out judgement to high (Emperor) and low (Fool) alike.

And love-life has quarrels only because you like change and see things so differently from most--have a vision that makes you do things in a very direct and worldly way?

And how did you manage to get almost the same four cards as I laid out when I was explaining this? Then again, there is that problem if you're only going to use the majors....

Kaz

Sorry Thirteen, I didn't realise I didn't cp all, and I trew away the document, shit. I'll finish it with editing the above post.

Kaz

bec

kaz sperad

Hi all,
I have the notes here on my desk, will try and post the same comments I gave to kaz in chat.

Especially about the moon card I remember that we did not find a lobster or cancer, what ever that thing is called :) , the dog looks like a beagle, the kind that they use to hunt foxes with, and the wolf could just as well be a true copy of one of kaz´s beloved dogs. What the card tells me is that she could be either one of them, preditor of own ways and opinions and still howling against the moon, following the pact, so she doesn´t stand to much out of the croud.

The moon also indicating that there are some of the true self that needs to be hidden, as some kind of priority in the early years, to follow mum and dads exspectations - building an image that will get the appreciation all kids wants.

Career has been somewhat of a rebelean life style, where the personality truly comes to expretion - taking control of own will and right to be the fool, making sure that actions can be justified and the hermit telling that best succes is gained in job where you can be your self or at least have a space of your own.

Love is the ever turning conflict here - ace of wands shows new passions, which seems to bring the world. though the pattern here shows that drastic changes happens whitin, that the chariot feel he is loosing control, making it hard to feel what the heart is saying. The other way around the devil is the beast within here, what do you want from love and what are you willing to pay for it ? Seems that an everlasting lovestory wont be, cause the cost of freedom and closeness is to high.

Past life was a bit difficult, what we have here is the personality/year card hierophant, the shadow card temperance along with 4 very powerful majors.
The hierophant being the very logical and profound trouble resolver could be the one suppressing contact to the shadow temperance, meaning that it could very difficult to even see what needs tempered, when already early in childhood moon hide the emotional and divine side to the personality.

The 4 last cards I (we) saw to be the solution on how to break out of the pattern, the lesson to be learned in this life.

Star tempering the waters, woman is all naked and vulnerable, ready to let her self get hurt or just risking being hurt. Strenght bluntly telling kaz to stop being such a whimp, however not outwards, bt inside, let the heart grow strong, so that the tower and it´s crash wont seem so overwhelming and devastating.

The sun as the last card shows the victory in changing the life pattern, dealing with life in a tempered manner instead of depending on death to always come to the rescue.

Did I forget anything Kaz ?

:)

Kaz

Bec,
No, you didn't forget anything, I think you did a great job !!!
I already forgot the 4th throne.....
Combine our two stories and you have me :).

Thanks

Kaz

Thirteen

Amazing job you guys did on the first three thrones. I especially love bec's interpetation of the moon card! Let me see if I can help you out on the 4th. The idea is to be a bit more literal. What story do you see, and when do you see it as happening? The idea is to see a "real" past life.

Kaz said:

Throne 4:
.....................................Ace Swords
Hierophant - Temperance - Star - Strength - Tower - Sun - Judgment - Wheel

You decided to read it Left-to-Right so I will too.

Hierophant: This is the only person card in the spread. So it's you, Kaz. Who you were in this past life. And as in your childhood, you saw things differently than most folk. The implication is that, in THIS life, that unique way of seeing things led you to a position of great power. A priesthood, leader of a sacred order, wiseman/wisewoman/shaman or just a highly respected and regarded councilor. Given the Hermit in your career, I' guessing that it was a solo job. Given the "Ace of Sword" very powerful as well. It's no surprise, in Childhood, Career and Love Life too, that you "Don't play well with others" ;) You were the number one wiseman/priest/visionary in your past life. This makes you feel that you still know best, are still in control or should be, and why is anyone trying to either boss you around or infringe on your space?

Mind you, this isn't too much of a problem except in the Love-Life. Thing is, you apparently had very good interpetive and visionary powers and talents in your past life and you still do. So just because this life hasn't given you a throne and acolytes doesn't mean you don't deserve them :)

Temperance & Star: I read these as your views that you expressed to others. They were views of, yes, Temperance, but also alchemy, how to change things and make them better. The Star was your visions of the future and healing powers. All this is evident in your childhood, where you re-created your former self. You still created, saw, and did things different, as you did int he past. And we can see it also in your career, where you seek to do the same. Only this time around, the modern world calls you a fool, not a visionary. Their loss.

It is my guess, by the way, that this time period you were living in was at a crisis point where things were about to radically change. You had a vision (Star) of weathering this coming storm and changing thing for the better. You were the hope of this community, town, city, tribe (whatever it was).

Strength & Tower: There came a time of crisis, as you forsaw. It required all your inner strength to face it and deal with it--an inner strength that you passed onto everyone else as well. The crisis came and it literally or figuratively shook up this world. But thanks to you're foresight, the town/tribe/city survived it and--

Sun & Judgement: Rebuilt and renewed this world (literally/figuratively), according to your wise advise. You helped to raise it up again better than ever.

Wheel is the "coda"--it indicates that thanks to you, a new era was ushered in.

The advise of this past life is, perhaps, to remember that you're not so alone or completely in-charge in this life as you were in the last one. But also to remember that when you were, you were able to make great changes thanks to your wisdom, vision, strength and foresight. The Love-Life problems need that, but they also need you to find new answers, not the old life answers where you were the only one in charge.

Now that's what I see. But it's up to you and bec to lay out the past-life cards from the deck you used and see what vibe you get as to when and where this past life was (I keep getting an ancient middle-east feel, by the way....). The most important thing is for you, Kaz, to say if anything like this feels familiar. And if it does, what does it feel like you're seeing, doing, wearing, experiencing. That should help tune you and bec into the where and when of the past life.

Or, at least, that's what I gather you're suppose to do with this spread :)

Thirteen

What's Familiar?

Oh, and when I say, "What's familiar?" I also mean, to modify, change or add details to the story till it "rings true." The past-life spread is very inter-active. The querent helps in the reading. So if anything sounds wrong to you, say so. And if anything sound right, go with that, and see where it takes you.

There is, obviously, a lot we need to find out here. Not just when and where, but what the crisis was, and how things were made better afterwards, etc. You get the idea.

Kaz

Thirteen,
Thanks for your interpret here, we could not get such a story. Though Bec mentioned somewhere I might have been a witch been burned ,lol. I can't remember, I forgot everything, so nothing rings a bell actually. Looking at my interests, middle east is not one of them, then it might be middle ages maybe. I am a "right=>left" reader, and then the cards make even less sense.
What I do recognise is the LoneWolf thing you talk about as well, but where it comes from, no idea.....

Kaz