Taurus vs. Capricorn

mingbop

Virgos are a race apart. I know. I am married to one. And am I the only aeclectrican who does not know the meaning of "procastinate " ?

january

Caps and Procrastination

I'm a Cap Sun, Aquarius Moon and Taurus Rising and procrastinator extroirdinaire! In the past I've owed this to the "laziness" of my Taurus Rising but now after hearing how fellow Caps also put things off I'm guessing it could be a Saturn thing?

Honestly, I never feel a sense of urgency to complete something unless my back is against the proverbial wall. I'm an excellent starter but when it comes to fiinishing a project I take my time. Patience or procrastination (or perfection?)

If I'm unsure of the outcome, I instinctively put the issue on the back burner, whether its deciding upon a graduate program or picking out a pair of shoes. I'd rather stay with nothing for a bit than to settle for something that isn't quite right. I'd rather hold off and have others wait than to put my name on something that isn't my best work and effort. Their wait, as well as mine, will be worth it because we Caps always pull through in the end and then everyone is happy, as much of a pain in the butt it seems :)

I too, can never make up my mind but once I do, I'm head-strong and become relentless until I'm finished.

But being ruled by Saturn can make Caps hard on themselves and I often beat myself up for not finishing stuff. Go figure!

DaVinci began several projects at once but was slow to finish and was rumored to have been locked in a room by the pope until he finished a commisioned work. But I think he was an Aries?

~ January

ncefafn

In sum, cardinal signs are not procrastinators. I will post a lengthy essay defending this position in a few days or so.

Kim

lunalafey

mingbop said:
am I the only aeclectrican who does not know the meaning of "procastinate " ?

to delay or put off for later and later....and later.........and later....

Oooo....Cardinals not procrastinators essay? I'm really interested.
I can't say that the way mellow Taurus nature is to blame for procrastination, as would seem logical (?lol). I have not a drop of it. Now Virgo, people think I'm a Virgo Sun. I think they get that from the heavy concentration of planets and rising is what does that.

isthmus nekoi

Earth is the slowest element in nature and Earth signs are generally considered slower. This is usually attributed to conservatism, cautiousness, prudence etc.
In general, cardinals will initiate change, mutables will go w/the flow and fixed signs will be stubborn. (This is coming from an Aquarian ASC, btw ;))

rcb30872

isthmus nekoi said:
Earth is the slowest element in nature and Earth signs are generally considered slower. This is usually attributed to conservatism, cautiousness, prudence etc.
In general, cardinals will initiate change, mutables will go w/the flow and fixed signs will be stubborn. (This is coming from an Aquarian ASC, btw ;))

I will have to agree with this one. I can be very slow at times out of either procrastination, indecision or just plain laziness. I have all three Earth signs in my chart, Virgo in Sun, Capricorn in Ascendent and Taurus in Moon. Boy, do I know when the Taurus part has come in to the picture, talk about stubborn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bec