Cartomancy Decks

Little Baron

In Tarot, one of the things we talk about here is the art of the decks; whether we like our minors illustrated, whether we like what some call crude wood cuts or if we like them themed to our tastes; how we like the backs of our cards to look.

How do the other cartomancers here feel about their 'playing card' decks???

How many playing card decks do you use? How many do you own?

I have quite a few. Some have ornate artist designed backs which I like. Some have regular patterned backs. In some courts, the faces are very human; in some, they are crude and stark with little to no skin colouring.

After reading on of Pheonix Rising posts about the tradition of cartomancy, I have shied away from cards with illustrations on the front.

So, how do you like yours and what are yours like????

LB

Phoenix Rising

Hi Little Buddha
As long as mine has the plastic coating, that makes it easy to shuffle, that smooth feel to it, but of course the natural design on it, then I'm happy. I've got 5 decks, but one is jumbo, and that's a no no. some with nice designs on the back is ok, but mainly the feel.
The one I use is by "Carta Mundi" "Stratus.

Little Baron

I have a cardboard one that is quite old and is not very good to shuffle; also sticks to the spread cloth if I use one.

I was using a pretty modern one but right now, I am using a very slightly bigger one with attractive red backs and bolder numbers and suit symbols, which feels more direct.

LB