Playing Cards: Hearts

Little Baron

Hi everyone.

I realise that to understand and remember the cards better, I need to feel them. To do that, I need to talk about them :)

I am using Deborah Leigh's standard as a spring board. In time, I hope that they will have developed to something more personal.

So for the moment, this is how I feel, newly acquainted with the suit of hearts.

Ace of Hearts
The Ace of Hearts is the home. I have been told that there is not any emotional attachment to this card. That it is neutral.
But I do feel this card. I think we all attach emotions to our homes - whether we love them or hate them.
A home might be where you feel safe and warm from the outside world. Where you can shut the door and find peace and solitude. You may return to the comfort of your parents, a lover, a child or your cat and dog. It may hold many good memories.
Alternatively, it might be a prison. You may feel trapped within your home. You might not like the people you share it with. You may hate your neighbours. Have you got a rough neighbourhood? Would you prefer to stay at somebody elses house for the night?
But they say 'home is where the heart is'. It may determine whether you feel secure or not. What does your home say about you?

Two of Hearts
The 'two' strikes out. It adds something to the 'one'.
It is achievement, fullfillment and success. It projects the ambition within you.
Maybe you got into college today. Maybe that cute guy at school, that everyone fancies, asked you on a date. Maybe it is the strength to get out there and try for a career you only thought of as a fantasy.
I remember getting into fashion school. I felt proud of myself. And I was pleased to make my parents proud of me also. I really felt I had achieved something, since half of the candidates were turned away within the first half an hour and didn't even get an interview. Yes, I felt sorry for them, but was fullfilled by my own achievement.

Three of Hearts
Regret and Sorrow hits us in the 'three'. Something has been broken. Were you the cause? Did you break someone's heart?
I have regreted hurting people in the past. I have had to tell people that I didn't want to continue our relationship, as I am sure we all have. Breaking up is hard to do, we are told. And even though it might be for the best, it doesn't make it any easier.

Four of Hearts
The four stands for jealousy. The hearts sit in each corner and I can feel my shoulders arch back as I recoil.
What am I jealous of? Other's successes? Yes, sometimes. I pretend not to be, but inside, I ache with resentment if they have gotten an opportunity that I might have wanted or felt I rightly deserved more.
I might feel a pang of jealousy to my ex-lover, when I see him with his new love. Not because I want him back, but because he has something that I do not. He has moved on and is in love again and I have not. Yes, I feel bitterness, however much I know it is unjust in many situations.
Or do I want the man that she has? Wouldn't I be better for him. Jealousy can turn ugly.

Five of Hearts
In between the four hearts is a fifth. It is pushed forward like a gift.
Thankyou very much. Has someone given you something special? Not necessarily something of outstanding value, but something that is sentimental and means more than money.
I remember buying my close friend Samuel a gift one Christmas. It wasn't really expensive. It was a silver ring - a simplistic silver band. I bought a lovely little box for it. My mum said 'you can't buy another bloke a ring! .. what is his girlfriend going to say?' I hadn't thought of that. I was just wrapped up in my friendship with Sam and bought him something that I wanted him to have and what I thought he would like - almost like a symbol of our friendship. I started to worry that I had bought the wrong thing. That everyone might get the wrong idea.
So a few days before Christmas, he dropped by my work to exchange gifts. I tentatively held out my little 'ring box' to him. He pulled out his hand from his pocket and passed my gift to me - a small little package, all wrapped up neatly. We thanked each other and that was that.
A little later, still at work, I pulled his present from the small bag. Inside was a small wooden box (only recently, have I looked at the box and realise that 'Temperance' is painted on the front - I wasn't into tarot in those days and didn't recognise the symbolism). I pulled open the lid of the box and inside was a beautiful silver Russian Wedding Ring. It brought a tear to me eye. He had thought along the same lines as me.
So in thinking about the beauty and generosity of gifts, I remember Sam's.
But a gift might be complimenting someone on how they look, their work or their achievements. It might be an annonymous donation to charity. A beautiful gift does not have to cost a fortune.

Six of Hearts
The six hearts form a pathway. There is a clear route between them. You can move up. They offer potential and great promise.
Maybe a qualification enables you to move on to the next course or step. Maybe the knowledge that someone likes you can give you the confidence to ask them out.

Seven of Hearts
The seven, the course says, is for true friendship.
Real friendship.
That is my friend, Jane, as an example. The one person that will charge across the country to be with me on the happy times, like birthdays and nights out, and will equally charge across the country to be with me when I am upset and am in emotional agony. I often thought of her as sister. But I think we are even stronger than that. We are soul mates. This card is her because she really has been a perfect friend. I use her as an example in this card of true friendship.

Eight of Hearts
Celebrations. Celebrations are celebrations, I suppose - birthdays, wedding receptions, engagements, births. Somewhere where you get together and rejoice with others. Jane and I had our 30th birthday together in a small bar in London Bridge, inviting all of our friends. I see this card as a coming together to toast some kind of mutual occasion with others.

Nine of Hearts
When you wish upon a star...
Whatever the qenrent wishes at the start of this reading will come true in the area that this falls. Of course, it depends on what cards are around it. They may hint at what is about to come. I wonder if 'be careful what you wish for' also applies?

Ten of Hearts
True love, commitment, marriage.
Unconditional love that is not platonic, like in the '7'.
This is your real stuff, not your crush.
The one you would do anything for and who would do anything for you.
I am sad to say that I have not wholely experienced this card in reality. I have loved and I have been loved, but I think this is the card of staying together as well.

Let me know what you think.
LB

Phoenix Rising

Hi LB

I will back later after work to comment, but I'm heading out the door shortly, but like to say you did a wonderful job feeling those cards.
But before I go...with the 9H, although it is a neutral card..when it appears in a trio, it also represents the "question"
If you asked a question "I wish to know if X loves me" then if the 9H appearing in the trio, it is just alerting you, that the answer to your question lies in this trio. That's what she means as it being a neutral "wish card"...or it can mean..what someone's wish is.

The 4H..although it's basic meaning is "jeolousy" it is the feeling rather than you being jeolous all of the time. Jeolousy always comes from a place of "insecurity" or jeolousy, insecurity, bitterness, are feelings associated with this card and some key words.

alright will get back to you.

Now try reading a trio with hearts only.

Try this one

4:heart: J:heart: 3:heart:

Remembering you are always on the left, the card behind a court card is the actions and feelings of that court card, not you. You're in front of it..

Little Baron

Phoenix Rising said:
Now try reading a trio with hearts only.

Try this one

4:heart: J:heart: 3:heart:

Remembering you are always on the left, the card behind a court card is the actions and feelings of that court card, not you. You're in front of it..

Ooooh. Tasks. I like this. Let's see how I get this all wrong, lol.

Ok, so I take it that the Jack is someone else. A young person. Or someone that is young in mind or action - imature.

Now this is where it all goes pear-shaped.

Because I find it hard to make a sensible story out of these meaning.

We have jealousy, intimidation and insecurity. They are his feelings, yes?

And in the third card, I stand. Heartbreak, sorrow, upset and regret. Is the Jack feeling these emotions because he feels ashamed of directing his insecurities on me? Or am I upset because he has?

I am very glad that you have posted that question PR, because this is a good example of how I was getting stuck before.

LB

Joermit

Hello, again...

caught up with you guys on this thread as well...lol... I don't use the PP method, but was very impressed by your comments on the feelings associated with each card... which, for any kind of reading involving playing cards is very, very important... helps that intuitive bridge kick in and one of the things wonderful about using pcs as a divinatory tool... so kudos to you...

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Hi LB

Ok that trio again 4:heart: J:heart: 3:heart:

the 4h is your feelings or the message between you and the Jack, because it's on the left..Therefore you are feeling insecure even may have some hurt feelings concerning this sensitive young individual. You may have been jeolous about something that the Jh did. The feelings of the JH because the 3h is behind him, is that he genuinely is regretful or sorry for how it has "hurt you"..easy hah??

Little Baron

Phoenix Rising said:
easy hah??

I think I am a bit of a dumbo!

If you look at the other thread, I think I have ballsed it up again, lol.

Maybe we could do a few more examples in the other thread, so I can try and get the hang of it???

LB

Phoenix Rising

Don't worry LB..you'll get the hang of it.

Hearts is a lovely suit...only the 4H which is normally always an unnecessary emotional state..insecurity and jeolous always go hand in hand don't they. Quite an immature feeling I would say.

2H..now because it is a personal achievement...do you think that if it turned up and someone was hurt by an action that you did towards them..that having the 2H appear...this is something that you wanted to cause..then that would also be an personal achievement. So there is always 2 sides to the coin with this card as well..Actually I didn't think before that with the 2's they can also mean 2 sides of the coin..a change like in the 2 spades can be a change for better or worse.

The 5h is probably my favourite card out of the whole pack, because it is pleasantries all around..exchanging of gifts or conversations..just lovely.

Just a comment on the 10H..although the key word is "love" or unconditional love, happiness joy. I have seen it appear as concerning "Family" because there is a bunch of hearts and Family is normally always seen as ones emotional and secure base..as it is family that first nurtures you. So don't automatically assume that it is talking about "Your true love or soulmate" but family. But it will always depend on what is surrounding it. of course.