Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 29 - #149

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 29
Number: 149

Symbol: A MERMAID HAS CLIMBED TO THE ROCKY SHORE OF A BLEAK COAST, SHE AWAITS THE PRINCE WHO WILL BRING HER IMMORTALITY.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 388

tink27

Ohh love your image purple_scorp! The mermaid looks like she's been waiting a very long time!

Many of us would enjoy being surrounded by the many beautiful objects money could bring. A mermaid would never rate very high on an IQ test but her ability to tap into and intuit universal wisdom is immense. She can try to reach us through the internet, people, a teacher, a book, a page or a specific line. Or through meditation, relaxation and our imagination.

But where is the prince? Looking for wealth and status through the material world? Or maybe he’s too scattered to come to a decision about the direction he should be taking. Is he jumping from activity to activity but getting no where? Is he indulging in eating, sensuality drinking or drugs? Or maybe he’s missing the bigger picture because of his excitement generated by a new interest.

*Sometimes we need a push from a good friend or relative to rediscover our talents. We find an inner strength and devotion to our desires and dreams. We need to work hard and diligently and when ready, present our ideals to others. Then we endure and wait. If rejected, we don’t give up, we try again. This symbol could also refer to a death or a sacrifice to our earthly desires, where we allow ourselves to be guided by our intuition and a higher intelligence. Our work takes on a higher approach that shares with others our knowledge and experience.

In many stories surrounding the mermaid, we hear words such as bewitching, tempting, seducing, beguiling, etc.. It is said we can be fooled by her enchanting songs and actions. But I don’t think those were ever her intentions. Her sexuality (not sex) is the desire to interact between the earth and the flowing water. Her instinct is to procreate! She performs selfless acts of devotion, sacrificing all to be with the man she loves. She will relinquish her being and precious gifts for your happiness.

I also see this symbol as ending old worn out relationships and old ways of being. mermaids who became human seemed shy and self-effacing and very unhappy at being dependent on another. They lacksx courage to speak their mind or defend themselves. A friend of mine went through this and didn’t see what was happening until her friends pointed this out to her. As her sense of self increased, she said “I’m not going to be told to shut up anymore”. She reclaimed her power and left her dominating abuser.

tink :love:

purple_scorp

tink27 said:
*Sometimes we need a push from a good friend or relative to rediscover our talents.
Hmm, tink, do you have this symbol in your chart?

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
Hmm, tink, do you have this symbol in your chart?

with love
purple_scorp

No, but you sure would think I did!! Same as the next symbol, these are both definitely talking to me!

tink :love:

MCsea

With a name like Marina I WISH this symbol was in my chart ;)

Leo 29
Birthdays: August 20th–22nd
Numerology: 149
Sabian Symbol: A Mermaid
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Importunity
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Atrioventricular septum
Crystal Element: Aqua Aura
Expression: Aqua Aura is a man-made, gold-infused quartz crystal. Aqua Aura connects with the divine feminine and esoteric knowledge, enhances Mermaid energy.
Message: Tenacity and aptitude, access to secretive mysteries.
Sun Focus: You are honest, compassionate and faithful, in tune with your personal spirituality.
Affirmation: I shine with enduring inner beauty.