German Kipper deck?

SunChariot

Has anyone seen this:

http://www.ciromarchetti.com/kipper

Looks truly fascinating. And of course (as its done by Ciro) very beautiful artwork.

I have never heard of a Kipper deck, have you? But it seems a very lot similar to a LeNormand.

And take a look at the video, how you can see the cards come to life on your cell phone! Pretty amazing!

Babs

violetdaisy

I didn't check out the video but I was perusing available Lenormand decks and did come across this one. I think the description is interesting (where ever it was that I read it) in that a kipper deck focuses more on the people? Anyhow, it does look good but I haven't made a decision on it. I'm trying to pace my deck / accessory buying and there's a lady on Etsy from Poland who made a Lenormand deck...and I want it so it's got priority.

Padma

Kipper cards have been around since the 1890's, roughly. Apparently a German person by the name of Susanne Kipper created them, though also, little seems to be known about her. It has 36 cards, just like the Lenormand, but they have different names and meanings.

Since we are not meant to post blog links here, you can just google "Kipper cards origin" or similar, in order to find several references to them :)