What's the best book for learninig how the cards affect each other?

jlbvt

I Have the Book by Janina Renee, "Tarot your everyday guide" and I love it. But as in most books, it just lists seperate meanings for each card. Are there any good books about how the cards affect each other when they are together in a spread?

Umbrae

Great Question!

The only book for this information, is the one you write yourself...called your journal.

The relationships between the cards may mean one thing to you, yet something else to me.

There is no quick answer.

The only answer is through the personal experience of reading.

Reading by proxy will teach nothing.

allibee

Ditto to Umbrae.
I have recently started a section in my journal called 'interesting pairs'. Naturally they will mean different things in different readings BUT, the dynamics should remain coherant.
If it is of any help to you, Joan Bunnings Learntarot.com online course could give you some ideas, as she mentions with each card which cards reinforce other cards....either positively or negatively.

allibee

jlbvt

Thanks for the info and the site. Alibee, you now have 500 posts! Congratulations! :TSUN :TFOOL

Emily

I have a book Called 'Tarot Card Combinations' by Dorothy Kelly(I treated my self for Christmas :D ) and it shows 2, 3, 4 ,5 card combinations. Also reversals and basic R/W interpretations.
I only had the book come this morning but it looks really interesting. There might be a review of it somewhere but I found the book by accident on Amazon and decided to order it. :)

amyel

I also have Tarot Card Combinations, and find it is, um, difficult to "read". I mean, there are thousands (ok, maybe just hundreds - suffice to say there are loads) of combinations and it can be frustrating to try to find "your" combination in question.

It's a great reference book, though. But the temptation is there to try to find a meaningful explanation for *every* card combo, which I think takes away from using your own experiences and intutions.

Trogon

Hi jlbvt! Learning how different cards affect other cards in a reading is one of the more difficult aspects of Tarot for me. It is an on-going learning process for me, one that might never end. But this is not a bad thing as I will never stop learning things about the Tarot.

Anyway... one thing that might help is a series of posts by DollChica a while back. She had put together some very good notes on the different suits and many of thier aspects attributes and interactions. They were (in my opinion) well thought out and well written. You can check them out at;
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6777

Hope this helps.