5 of swords as action to take

Payal

Hi all, I am using RW. In legal matters or matters related to separation and troubled relationships what should 5 of swords mean as action.
For me it would be think intellectually, make strategies to fight the case in your favor. What else could be said for action to be taken.

Strenght

Are you familiar with the concept of Pyrrhic victory? That is basically the essence of this card. You will win this battle, but the cost of it is so devastating that it equals losing. As advice, I would see it as not to get into a battle, keep things simple and move on...

starrystarrynight

Another possibility may be that--as an action--you might do better to change your whole thought process on the situation. Swords can cover thoughts and thinking, and Fives can point to changes and shake-ups.

magicjack

It's kind of like the fight may not be worth it or you may win the battle but at what cost? Sometimes that is worth it to some people. Will you really be happy if you win the fight?

Payal

Are you familiar with the concept of Pyrrhic victory? That is basically the essence of this card. You will win this battle, but the cost of it is so devastating that it equals losing. As advice, I would see it as not to get into a battle, keep things simple and move on...

I think I can understand 5 of swords as outcome as a devastating win but as action what would it be. Make out a devastating win. There would be a difference between action and outcome

Payal

I am getting as the next thing to do, the next step to take and I can't understand the meaning of the best course of action in 5 of swords

seedcake

Maybe the fight is impossible to avoid and you should be ready that effects of it are not going too positive. It can also describe how can be your feelings while taking the action.

Esk

Hi Payal
I tend to agree with the other answers. Maybe it's not about an action you should do but an action you shoudn't : not to fight at all cost. 5 of swords can also refers to losing your ethical values so it could also be an advice for keeping this within sight
Hope things will be better soon

magicjack

This card is a little tricky. Are you the person holding the swords in your victory or are you one of the persons walking away in defeat? The person holding the swords is almost saying "ha ha I won" and the others are walking away with their heads down. Your action would either be to fight till you make them feel bad or walk away and take your losses. Maybe the people walking away are the smart ones. Let him have his so called victory. Maybe it is important for you to drag them thru the ringer and win at all cost. I guess the question would be, do you want the situation to drag on or do you want to be done with it? (does that help?)

nisaba

Another possibility may be that--as an action--you might do better to change your whole thought process on the situation. Swords can cover thoughts and thinking, and Fives can point to changes and shake-ups.

I'm with this answer. Fives are about instability and imbalance, movement and change. Those who find change threatening, can see the fives as essentially negative cards, but they needn't be so. And Swords are the cutting edge of the mind.

So for best results, you need to re-evaluate the way you approach the whole situation, re-think it completely.