Is the Tower worse than three of swords?

Ruby Jewel

Ah okay! So I can maybe tie the two together now. The situation is one where I can't do right for doing wrong. The distancing makes sense here as I would be coming home and that's a distance. I dare say then that whichever choice I make the three AND the Tower will show up and it may just be a timing issue! [emoji23] so even if the three points to a mistake in not facing the Tower, the Tower will pitch up at some point anyway as it can't be avoided because it's a natural divine power I can't change. If it can't be avoided then I may as well go for the Tower and stay, but then if the three is a different thing, by "coming home" gives me the full whammy. Did I mention I was a masochist?! [emoji23]
I am inclined to quote Kahlil Gibran here in "On Love"..... it is for your pruning as well as your growth. If you follow your heart, how can that be a mistake? The 3 swords say...too much thinking leads to sorrow. Act from your truth and quit trying to manipulate the outcome...rather decide to accept the outcome..I also like to remember Laertes' famous advice to his son going out into the sometimes confusing world...."to thine own self be true, thou cans't then be false to anyone."

Rachx

The tower is simply reflecting the disruption involved in these changes coming in for you. I used the word shift as in a change. The tower to me comes in when change is inevitable and it's looking unlikely you'll stay hence the disruption to your everyday life and situation.

Thank you I understand- things will be changing for sure! And I am probably coming home too -so not staying, you are accurate with that. X

Rachx

I am inclined to quote Kahlil Gibran here in "On Love"..... it is for your pruning as well as your growth. If you follow your heart, how can that be a mistake? The 3 swords say...too much thinking leads to sorrow. Act from your truth and quit trying to manipulate the outcome...rather decide to accept the outcome..I also like to remember Laertes' famous advice to his son going out into the sometimes confusing world...."to thine own self be true, thou cans't then be false to anyone."

Lovely [emoji4] I get to please myself - I'm such a mutable Virgo ! I over analyse and try to please everyone. I will come home I reckon! ;) x

Ruby Jewel

Lovely [emoji4] I get to please myself - I'm such a mutable Virgo ! I over analyse and try to please everyone. I will come home I reckon! ;) x

How can going/coming home be wrong?

Thirteen

the "coming home" option (i.e. The three) was the first option and laid above the "stay" which was the second option. (I.e. Tower) As the three came first would that mean it points to something different and doesn't allude to the mistake of avoiding the Tower at all?
I agree that you seem to be over-thinking things. Look, you have a suspicion on what you'll get if you go home (3/Swords). And when you hear it, it'll hurt. But, you'll also be able to say "Well, I kinda knew that was coming...." and move on.

If you stay, you will encounter something unexpected (Tower). It will surprise you. And you will have to say, "Okay, let's start over again now that I know something I didn't know before...." But the thing with the Towers is, that rebuilding will give you something that won't fall down again. Because now you know.

You can't, obviously, avoid either one of these is your choice is stay or go. You do one and you get one, you do there other and you get the other. I, myself, am pretty good with crazy emergencies and not good at all at facing what I know is coming. I'd STAY to avoid that 3/Swords. But that's me. I know other people who would say, "I can't deal with surprises. I hate them. No surprises..." and off they'd go on home.

Again. Which are you? Because you are going to have to face one of them.

And I think trying got add them together (get the best of both worlds as it were) is over-thinking it again. This is actually pretty simple, if I understand what you did here (if I'm misunderstanding please forgive me and explain). You asked "if I stay what do I get?" Tower. Period. "If I go what do I get?" 3/Swords. Period. You don't get Tower/Swords by doing either one. You get one or the other.

Thirteen

Home is where the heart it...that's why your heart can get stabbed there

How can going/coming home be wrong?
Um...you must have had a very happy home with loving relations. I used to DREAD going home to visit my parents (before I got married and had my own home). I knew whatever I told them I was up to, they'd tell me, with totally honestly, how disappointed they were in me. 3/Swords each and EVERY time. Once it was so bad that, when I was alone again, I curled up into a literal fetal position of mental and emotional agony that lasted for hours. A truth I knew I'd hear from them, dreaded hearing it, and sure enough, got stabbed with it right through the heart when I got up the courage to go home and face them.

That's why the 3/Swords is there at home. Because the people who are in the home are the ones who can hurt you the worse. They're the ones who know all your buttons, and secrets, and background. They can say that one thing which will go right to your heart and leave you bleeding for a very long time.

If you've not had this happen to you in someplace that sometime in your life you called home, with people who were supposed to make that place your home...if going home has always been right for you, never wrong...then you've been very, very lucky.

Ruby Jewel

Um...you must have had a very happy home with loving relations. I used to DREAD going home to visit my parents (before I got married and had my own home). I knew whatever I told them I was up to, they'd tell me, with totally honestly, how disappointed they were in me. 3/Swords each and EVERY time. Once it was so bad that, when I was alone again, I curled up into a literal fetal position of mental and emotional agony that lasted for hours. A truth I knew I'd hear from them, dreaded hearing it, and sure enough, got stabbed with it right through the heart when I got up the courage to go home and face them.

That's why the 3/Swords is there at home. Because the people who are in the home are the ones who can hurt you the worse. They're the ones who know all your buttons, and secrets, and background. They can say that one thing which will go right to your heart and leave you bleeding for a very long time.

If you've not had this happen to you in someplace that sometime in your life you called home, with people who were supposed to make that place your home...if going home has always been right for you, never wrong...then you've been very, very lucky.

Dear Thirteen, deep in my heart I have always known that it is much worse to have a home with a double message than no home at all. I never got a double message....I only got one and it was always clear. You see, I never really had a home. My mother disappeared when I was 3 yo and my father finally died of alcoholism at age 47. I was 21, still trying to take care of him. He was never sober so I never actually knew what a parent was. He was a nomadic welder and I was boarded out with stranger after stranger....but at least I never got the double message..because I never expected love or approval from anyone.. nor anything at all except I remember wishing I had a home and parents like all the other kids. I had to struggle for every step I made up the ladder in this lifetime, and there was nobody there to support me when I tripped and fell. I learned to stand back up and brush off the dirt and keep on keepin on....Perhaps you are right because to tell the truth I don't know what a home means...it is all just a dream to me. But maybe that is why I feel going home is for the fortunate ones who have one to go to...how could it be wrong? Only if it were where you get double messages...a slap in the face followed by a kiss. I've seen it, and when I saw it I knew I would prefer my life over theirs. So, I probably would not consider that a home at all....just a house.

On the other hand, I paid $10 to a marriage counselor once because I couldn't decide whether to stay or leave. His advice: "whatever you do is right." So, like Rachx, I thought, "what the heck...I can just do what I want to." I left and never looked back. It was the best advice I have ever gotten from anyone in my life. Why? Because, we make our choices and then we make our choices work. That's life, imo. Be true to yourself.

IndigoWaves

Whatever it is that's making you want to leave is coming to a head and about to burst (Tower)... Like a big ol' cyst... Making you want to run and hide your face... But you'll get through it, discover more about the situation and yourself, and find great value. Going home, on the other hand, would induce pain that may be ongoing... Knives grating on flesh... Maybe the pain of never knowing what might have been possible, or what never really was.

Ruby Jewel

Reading different messages I feel we are all coming from a different story line.....I don't have a clue as to what Rachx is referencing here...does anybody? Do we actually know what we are talking about?

EmceeDirector

I've just done a comparing options spread of 3 cards for 'come home' and three cards for 'stay there'.
The come home spread ends with 3sw and the stay there spread ends with Tower. Given the general spread of cards leading upTo these two there is not much in it to decide between them. These final cards are the decider almost! First impression was I'd be better coming home and facing sorrow and heartache here (3sw) than facing the more catastrophic Tower if I stayed there (as it's a trump over the three). Then I got to thinking perhaps it's better to face the music and actually be there when the Tower hits. The three could mean just a bit of upset (delivered by Kn swords previous card) and I may be more comfy at home. That then got me to thinking which is the worst card? Thought it could be an interesting discussion? It will depend on the situation no doubt and the other cards. This situation is just a mundane day to day one - seeing a Trump like the Tower has elevated it a bit! Using Robinwood (like a RWS) no reversals

Hi Rachx!
Actually for me, the Tower is a positive card; when we allow our unstable thoughts and beliefs to crumble we are actually left with a solid foundation upon which we can rebuild our lives. If this were me, I would go with the Tower because the card already has a divine influence and support already built into it. Only good things can come after the Tower crumbles! Hope that helps!