tarot books For The Learning disadvantaged

Wicca812

i have a learning disability. I was hoping you could tell me if they're any books that teach tarot for People learning disability. This way it would really help me to learn the tarot faster and easier.

Trogon

Well... don't know how much this might help, Wicca, but there is an on-line, self-paced course for learning the Tarot. Perhaps it might be a little better way to go for you than books? Though I'm not certain it is really different enough from book-learning.... In any case, it's at: http://www.learntarot.com/top.htm

Another thing might be to try to connect with an experienced reader in your area and see if they'd be willing to assist you in your Tarot endeavors. Just a couple of thoughts... ;)

Wicca812

Books for the learning disadvantaged

I have stumpled upon that site bore i ordered my first deck of tarot. if you believe this would be a great/good site to learn from, then i will check it out. Does it deal in relation to the Rider waite tarot deck. I have that deck coming in the mail.

Keslynn

Hey Wicca,
Yeah, the Joan Bunning site (www.learntarot.com) is based on the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. And it's free. :) You can also order a hard copy of the book if you'd rather read something you can hold. Another book I highly recommend for anyone is Tarot for a New Generation by Janina Renee. She's actually geared the book toward readers in their teens and 20s, but it's really a great book for all ages. She's straightforward without dumbing it down. She also talks in the intro about the use of tarot with the learning disabled and how she really thinks it can help. You should check it out if you can get your hands on a copy.

:) Kes

Faerie Lin

Another idea may be going to another media. Have you tried vhs or cassette tapes?

Wicca812

Easy Tarot Guide

Came Upon this book while looking for those two titles you gave me. It says this women mastered everything. That this book gives what to expect when getting a reversed cards. Sounds like a very good book to me.