New Tarot Card Movie

arkgoth

Hey there guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is going to be an independant movie made about Tarot Cards. Here is the info that I know about it at this point.

Production Name: Children of the Arcanum
Director: Pearry Reginald Teo
Who's in: Layton Matthews, Joe Jones, Frances Feld
Special FX: Kim Collea (The Patriot, Pearl Harbor)
Deck: Tzintar Deck (Made out of human skin)

I would like to know what kind of messages are important for a movie made about Tarot Cards. Will post more stuff up on the movie as it is closer to release.

Diana

Will the deck be made out of REAL human skin?

Why Arcanum? Why not Arcana?

Sounds very interesting indeed. Please keep us updated.

Don't forget that Tarot proposes, but you dispose, i.e. it'll tell you your future, but you can change that future. In fact, the moment you've read the Tarot cards, you've already changed it, because you have the knowledge of it. Knowledge provides you with power. Self-knowledge provides you with wisdom. With power and wisdom, you can move mountains.

Sea Sprite

Woohoo!! :D

faunabay

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Human Skin???? (shudder)

While I love the idea about a movie based on tarot - I don't think I like having a movie portraying a tarot deck made out of skin!! YUCK!

Without knowing the whole storyline - IMO this makes tarot out to be the typical "horror" image that we (here on the forum - or at least me!!) try to keep away from.

fairyhedgehog

I found the following online at http://www.angelfire.com/art2/tta/html/sep07.html about this film:
New film slated for production in November by award winninng horror film director Pearry Reginald Teo. The new film, tentatively titled, "Genesis" is a new land-mark horror film about a man who sews a deck of Tarot cards (made out of human skin) into his own skin. The film will contain special effects work by SFX guru John Welsh including animatronics and latex work. Actors may be expected to go through full body casting for creature and monster's SFX / make-up. Filming locations will primarily be in Tucson and various outdoor scenes in Bisbee.
If this is at all accurate, I shan't be going to see it :(

arkgoth

A single action that destroyed a culture

Yes, I have to freely admit that Children of the Arcanum is a horror movie about Tarot cards. I have been involved in the gothic culture and I have been disgusted as to how cultures like ours can be wrongly portrayed in movies as such.

Yes, Children of the Arcanum is about the abuse of Tarot Cards. It is a story about a young boy who took something with positive energy and used it negatively.

ANYTHING that is not within that of mainstream culture is so easy to abuse and thought of as evil. I think the only way out of it is to stretch this concept to extreme and to show people how one may easily take something and use it wrongly.

The idea with Tarot Cards made out of human skin is an example of how one person may abuse a culture. This is a movie mainly about karma, and I chose Tarot cards as a vessel for me to teach on this subject. The 3 fold law.

Apologies to anyone who would hate me after this.....

Pearry

Diana

arkgoth:

I repeat my question: why Arcanum and why not Arcana? (i.e. why singular and not plural.) Or will it give the whole game away if you tell us?

I suppose you won't be using real skin, so I don't have too many qualms about that. I mean, people will realise it's just a movie, I suppose. If not, they need their heads read.

I'm not keen on horror movies myself, and anyway, I doubt we'll ever get to see it in Switzerland.

But I wish you all the best, and I hope that all the people involved will build up an active interest in Tarot, and use it to guide themselves in their lives. It's an amazing tool of self-development. It can replace a therapist for many problems (except perhaps serious psychiatric disorders, and even then, it could be a wonderful tool for the psychiatrists in order to pin-point the origin of the disease.)

arkgoth

No, I want to emphasize the point that I use "Children" as a plural but use Arcanum as singular because the path that he choose does not belong to what is known to be the REAL culture of the Tarot

Heh heh, and yes, we use latex to create the effects. Everything we use is fake. Except for the actors, which we try to keep it real :)

Oh...you're from switzerland? Beautiful country and the home of my favorite artist H.R. Giger. We might be shooting a movie in your beautiful country soon. Cannot afford to let scenery like that go to waste. When i was in switzerland, I think I will never forget a visit to the a house in a hilltop that makes toys out of wood. None of that commercial crap, just good old fashion toys. I gotta pay a visit again!

Diana

Well, the Giger museum is in a little village that is visited by about a hundred million tourists a year. It's in a village that is still walled by the castle-walls, cobbled stones, geraniums on all the windows, and a well-kept castle. It's on a hill, and it's famous for its cheese. The village is called Gruyère. You can even visit the cheese factory, if you like.

So you can eat a cheese fondue, and visit your favourite artists' museum just after. :)

If you surf the forums here for a long time, you will find so many different view-points on Tarot, and ideas, that I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff to fill your mind for days and days and not sleep for a week.

And while you're not sleeping, you'll have time to go and cook yourself a nice meal. I think you like eating, don't you?

arkgoth

Hai! Talks of your country makes my heart go soft!! This is one country I would like to take my kids to one day. Of course, I would have to visit Giger Museum by myself and I do want to visit the Giger bar with my wife!

Yes, this Tarot forum is amazing and a lot of my knowledge on Tarot cards is thanks to the beautiful soul of Solandia who never lacks good advice.

My god brother is a tarot card reader himself and both me and him share a self-designed tarot card tattoo that we design that represents our love and bond for each other. We both wear it on the same places in our body, on the lower back.