"antique" Rider Waite deck

Tag_jorrit

I will have to look for the murky colors. Actually I kind of like being able to shuffle the new ones without them sticking together, like the old ones that don't shuffle freely. I guess the longer I am (back) at this, the more likely I will become OCD about this stuff. ;)

Bhavana

I'd say way overpriced, yes.

But looking at her other prices, I don't like your chances of getting her to move downwards. She's not called Rich Witch for nothing, I suspect.

GOOD GOD look at some of those decks and her tarot course.....

A Lenormand JUST LIKE MINE for $500.

Soprafino for $500 - and THAT you can get new from alida for €29.50

and more....

I'd give up !

I'd watch ebay, me....

Rich Witch - Ha!! You got that right, that's for sure. She does offer layaway, you know, so she's anything if not accommodating. And she has lot's of feedback, all perfect, so she's selling and making happy customers. I guess it just depends on what something is worth to you. I just had a little windfall this week, $600 fell off the money tree and into my lap - but yes, the deck is overpriced. I don't know much about the value of older decks, hence my asking, but I have been looking around online and it's on the high end of the high end. The only reason I was tempted is because of the pristine shape of the deck, for being such an old one. But - as it goes, the hunt is half the fun...finding something you really really want at an awesome price is so much more rewarding when the search is difficult! Think I'll take some of my new money and treat myself to a brand new deck I have been wanting. Thanks for your advice!

Bhavana

That's one thing about the Etsy market. You don't have to keep re-listing if something doesn't sell. Some sellers do, as a business practice, but you don't have to. She can leave it at $280 for months and eventually someone with more money than sense will buy it. :neutral: Especially with a niche market like tarot on Etsy... anyone who does a search on "tarot deck" will run across it.

She's misusing the term antique as well. It's vintage but not antique.

Often, a very high priced item will disappear for a month or two, then come back at a lower price. Or, if the item hasn't moved after a fairly long listing, some sellers will be more likely to negotiate. I love Etsy, have found some really cool things there, but a lot of it is overpriced. You have to know what you are looking at, and research the value before jumping on it. I have several tarot decks, some considered vintage, that I have gotten for under $10, some were $5.