10 Pentacles The Elephant Man?

ArcanoMáximo

michellemd said:
in the 10 of Cups, the house in the background is a very simple looking structure, which does look like a HOUSE
I think that the kind of Love shown in this card isn't something we can win or "work for", is like a gift or bless.
In the 10 PENTS is totally opposed in that sense, you've worked for this, so you must guard it ?
RChMI said:
The final card in the serial order for the G .¨. D .¨. would be XXI The World.
What this mean? Sorry to ask if there is something really obvious, but you know, I don't know it all, at least till this moment ;) })
And I was noting also that actually in the "Pictorial Key to the Tarot" book the last card is the Ace of Pentacles, and Rachel Pollack said in 78DW that this Ace close the Minor Arcana...
For her is logical...
Hmmm...
Fulgour,
Why do you say that this 10 is the final draw?

RChMI

ArcanoMáximo said:

What this mean. Sorry to ask if there is something really obvious, but you know, I don't know it all, at least till this moment ;) })
And I was noting also that actually in the "Pictorial Key to the Tarot" book the last card is the Ace of Pentacles, and Rachel Pollack said in 78DW that this Ace close the Minor Arcana...
For her is logical...

The serial order of the cards is a way to view the cards in their totality in respect to a structural content. Mathers, Crowley, Case, and Waite all have slightly different orderings between them.

Mathers starts with Ace Wand and ends The World. Crowley starts with The Fool and ends with 10 Disk/Pentacle. Case starts with The Fool and ends with Page Pentacle. Waite starts with The Magician and ends with Ace Pentacle (using Etteilla's ordering.)

Fulgour

May I quote you?

RChMI said:
The serial order of the cards is a way to view the cards in their totality in respect to a structural content. Mathers, Crowley, Case, and Waite all have slightly different orderings between them.
I prefer the "ordering" of the artist, Pamela Colman Smith.
Her book is the pack of cards she created all by herself. :)

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
(There is no great genius without madness.) Seneca
[moderator snip]

ArcanoMáximo

Fulgour said:
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
What a great statement for a SIGNATURE or USER TITLE !!!

I think everyone is right after all.
This is the magical of Tarot.
Assigning it a fixed structure is impossible.
Never recognizes it at all.
Then it's a Real Genium, cause:
"There is no great genium with out madness"

AM*

Ace

I have always seen the RWS 10 of Pentacles as reminding me of the ending of the Odyssey. Where Odyssious (The old man) comes back and no one recognizes him but his faithful old hound. and Penelope (the woman) is actually spurning her lovers. The RWS version is not a happy couple under the gate, the woman has always looked to me like someone about to turn away in anger and stalk off. So much for economically happy family. The old man is neglected and ignored.
Ace

ArcanoMáximo

RChMI said:
G .¨. D .¨.
"GOLDEN DAWN" !!!! I got it!!! Shame on me!!! LOL!!!!
Excuse me RChMI !!!!

Then Ace
do you say the mean is reversed?
The old man has not value for this people, only for the dogs...

But what if it is the old man who's ignoring all the rich environment and seeing how the rest of the family or the people around is guarding, caring and overrating the material wealth, talking and discussing those topics while he is only enjoying the company of the dogs?

After all he is too old for to be worried in that aspects of life.
I mean, may be this cards is warning also about a economic sucess but the foolishness of to be concentrated only in that when the most wise is remain conscious that you will not keep it for ever....

mythos

Ace said:
I have always seen the RWS 10 of Pentacles as reminding me of the ending of the Odyssey. Where Odyssious (The old man) comes back and no one recognizes him but his faithful old hound. and Penelope (the woman) is actually spurning her lovers. Ace

Yep, that is my take on it two, Ace. With his coat so rich with imagery, it reminds me of the 'adventures' and 'trials' that he has experienced. He is 'old' in the sense that he was away for 20 something years (probably got this time wrong), but also 'old' in experience. So .... to me he isn't necessarily 'aged', but experienced, and being painted as an 'old' man relates less to his actual age than to his life. He is rich in experience, and rich in the knowledge that Penelope has, through various means, remained faithful to him throughout ... always believing in his return. Hence the 'riches', inheritance aspect.

mythos:)