Reading to converse with the Dead?

Flavio

Re: Speaking to the deceased

tao51 said:
I see nothing wrong with it. I feel those people sometimes would like to speak to others

Do you feel the right moment they want to talk and read the cards? or you read cards hoping they want to talk? Thanks

tao51

When I contacted

for myself--I had a feeling that it should happen. When I did it for someone else--there was a compelling need. Sometimes there is a message in search of the right person. If it does not seem right--it does not happen.--Tao

Flavio

Re: When I contacted

tao51 said:
for myself--I had a feeling that it should happen. When I did it for someone else--there was a compelling need. Sometimes there is a message in search of the right person. If it does not seem right--it does not happened.--Tao

Thank you very much for your answer, I have not made my mind to try and use cards to talk with Dead people, but if I do so, I will consider your advise and others contained in this thread.

Necromancer

I tryed meatbox666 chant and it worked but i would love to learn different ways. I know its possible my mom stayed with her father when he was sick in the hospital he died but she said she could feel his presence every day and the wird part is my brother who was born on his birthday looks like him, acts like him, its recarnation

wildchilde

This is a very deep thread! Thanks to all for your comments. I have to say I can "agree" with pretty much everything here...just thought I would add my two cents FWIW:

Kiama said:
... Chants are all fine and dandy, but my question is, why do we have to say them in some foreign and arcana language, and why do they have to have some link to some mystical book or teaching?... I work it fine just saying, Hey Granny! I wanna talk to ya! (Although in a more respectful and poetic tone! :p) I think if somebody did want to use a chant to talk to the dead using the cards, any chant would do it: A chant is merely a statement of what you want to do, and thus, any words will succeed...

Kiama

As someone who has been priviledged to learn (at least parts of) several different languages used for ceremonial purposes. My feeling on Kiama's statement is twofold...although I agree with the sentiment that if the mind and heart are willing then "any words will succeed", I also believe in the power of Sacred Sound. And this is often I think where the use of specific chants or specific languages is important to the overall affect. There are many languages in the world that are said to be Sacred Language...these languages allow the tongue to form sacred sound through the pronunciation of a string of words or "vocables". And therefore the correct (in execution and intent) useage of these languages may create an opportunity to "succeed" more fully.

Of course, if you don't know the language, I think anyone would be wise to refrain from using it in ceremonial terms. Better to err on the side of caution I would say, than to open energies that you are not equipped to handle.

Personally, I believe that in essence the use of Tarot IS always speaking with the dead in the sense that I look at it as The Akashic Records in picture form. So I really don't see any difference between doing a reading for a *live* person or for a "dead" one.

Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts on this thread! Wonderful posts from everyone!!! I just joined up yesterday and am already completely hooked :)

DeLani

Sooo...*how* does one use the tarot to contact the deceased? Is there a certain spread, ritual, etc. (nice chant, by the way - it does sound Hebrew)?
I'm thinking of something I/we can do this Samhain...my hubby just lost his grandma this January, and I've never contacted my Nana, who I was very very close to.
Assuming we have our own home by that time, I want to have a dumb supper after the trick-or-treating, and then at midnight scrying or reading. But I want to know how I would do such a reading.
Thanks!

NightQueen

I also speak to spirits if i feel it is necessary to do so although most of the time i use visions to combine with my readings

zach bender

does not this entire thread suppose that an individual awareness or "self" survives the death of the human body? how could anyone stuck in this reality have any confirmation of that? (not necessarily setting a standard here of "scientific," "objective" confirmation . . . but just "what" confirmation)

zb

Zephyros

No confirmation at all, zach bender, only faith. Faith in what we all do here, read Tarot...

WaterSong

The person that introduced me seriously to the Tarot used to get information from departed ones during her readings.

During one reading she was doing for me( she used all the 78 cards of the deck, she was amazing) my grandfather came through.
At firts I was blinking....this was like 15 years ago when I was still a spiritual rookie....she started talking about this elder man that used to speak another language and that had been looking for me.
She said he passed on a surgical table( true) and he used to live in a very green place(woods, true)...he met you when you were a kid and always loved you since day one( I met him when I was 7)...she told me he loves you so much, he is with you at this moment, helping you( I was going through a tough time and started seeing him in my dreams) and he says he still enjoys playing music(he was a very talented musician)....at that point I had a stream of tears flowing down my cheeks...I knew it was him...

This happened a few times, and I saw it happen with the Tarot for other people....I now do it myself....when I am doing readings sometimes I "see" the spirit of departed ones that come to give advice.

I don't think there is real separation from both worlds(just vibration) and Tarot cards are just another tool....actually they help with the visuals.

I never understood the veto or fear churches have instlled in people about contacting departing ones...why is it so wrong? They are just in another dimension, or level of vibration...people do it out of love and need to keep the connection, just as we do here when me miss someone...we call them on the phone, we send an email.
Of course if it becomes an obssession, if there is a need to "keep them close" that is not positive for both beings....but once in a while, to check in and say" I love you, how are you doing "I think is very comforting.
Churches should also realize how this is the most powerful way we can truly internalize the truth that consciousnes goes on.Life is truly eternal, this one we know is just one stage and form of it.

I think helping people to connect with someone they loved so much is actually an act of compassion and kindness and a very healing one.

:love:
magenta